• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Eagle McMahon Iron Samurai Glow MF MD3

The last c line MF run was relatively straight for an MD3. Not beefy and not flippy just right in between. Glow tends to be slightly more OS than some other runs (depending on dome) so if I were to venture a guess it will be less stable than the recent S line run and more similar to the crowned eagle or past C line runs.

I've got one of last year's color glow crescent eagle MD3's that's flatter than the other two I have. Been afraid to throw it yet. Since you said dome affects stability, would you be able to weigh in on how that flatter one would compare to the other two?

More dome = more OS.

Flat glows are real line shapers.

Precisely. The glows I bag are dead flat and dead straight. The claw MD3s people chase after are a domier run which is why they are more OS. The recent S line run has a slight dome to it and is very stable for an MD3. If these MF glow come out flat they will be on the straighter side of the scale (if I had to venture a guess) and will be a beautiful looking swap out for a regular flat glow. Again because I haven't thrown one yet this is purely speculation.

More dome = more OS.

Flat glows are real line shapers.

Ok. Well if this flat CG MD3 is less overstable than the two with a tiny dome, then I'll probably just keep it bagged for collector value. The one I've thrown that isn't as flat already isn't very overstable...

From the sounds of it this MD3 will be quite stable. Garrett Hobbs of the media team said these are more stable than the current S line run and that is by far the most stable run of MD3 I have thrown...

From the sounds of it this MD3 will be quite stable. Garrett Hobbs of the media team said these are more stable than the current S line run and that is by far the most stable run of MD3 I have thrown...

Did he happen to compare it to the crowned eagle?

I got my Iron Samurai's in yesterday. I didn't get to throw them since it poured last night, but this plastic feels awesome. Quite possibly the best feeling Innova plastic I have ever felt.

DG

Simon is throwing one at the Portland Open. Used it on a 300 ft straight shot and it went dead straight and then on a 300 ft turnover that kept the line the entire shot.

I threw mine during some field work this weekend. For reference, my max drives are around 300-330'.

This thing is the beefiest MD3 I've yet to throw. I currently bag a 5502 color glow Eagle MD3, as well as a Pline MD3, and I've thrown the newest S line run a fair bit too. On hyzer, it holds the line and doesn't really flip up. On flat, it goes dead straight and then hyzers out. On an anny, it holds the line for only a little bit and then hyzers out. This run definitely isn't as glidey as the MD3's I bag. For my arm speed, this thing is really similar to the MD4.

I threw mine during some field work this weekend. For reference, my max drives are around 300-330'.

This thing is the beefiest MD3 I've yet to throw. I currently bag a 5502 color glow Eagle MD3, as well as a Pline MD3, and I've thrown the newest S line run a fair bit too. On hyzer, it holds the line and doesn't really flip up. On flat, it goes dead straight and then hyzers out. On an anny, it holds the line for only a little bit and then hyzers out. This run definitely isn't as glidey as the MD3's I bag. For my arm speed, this thing is really similar to the MD4.

This is the info I've been waiting on. I have an S-Line MD3 that I love, but I have found myself kind of overthrowing it- where it just kind of has a super penetrating forward fade rather than a die off and dump sort of finish I'm expecting from a stable to OS midrange. The Samurai sounds just a smidge overstable for what I'm looking for, and the color glow crowned eagles sound like the goldilocks disc for me.

Thanks for sharing your insight and experience!

Just got mine. These are super gummy. They might be beefy, I won't be throwing until this weekend to find out.

I hate the plastic though. No more online purchases for me anymore, I've become too picky and am tired of being disappointed.

I'm happy with the three I got. They're slightly to moderately beefier than my C-line x-outs.
I'm digging the minor variations.
Firm rim; not too gummy.

Last edited:
These are certainly gummy (which isn't a problem to me), but I definitely wouldn't call these the beefiest MD3s I've ever thrown. Pretty comparable flight to last years Crowned Eagle, from my tests so far.

Just played a round with one. They're more stable than the scratch mark run by quite a bit and maybe a little more stable than some of the crowned eagles but they pretty much fall in line with the crowned eagle color glow run.

I was able to throw mine flat about 350 with very little effort or worry of it yanking over. Tons of glide with a mild check up at the end of the flight.

Solid disc, will continue to bag.