• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Eagle v Teebird

Eagle or Teebird?

• Eagle

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Teebird

Votes: 60 53.6%

• Total voters
I'm surprised about the poll evenness. I probably see 1 Eagle for every 10+ Teebirds on the course.

I wanna know whats up with the Frontline veteran (heard it's an eagle). Never seen or thrown one.

The vip stag is a WS I haven't really noticed either is it old eagle good?

I wanna know whats up with the Frontline veteran (heard it's an eagle). Never seen or thrown one.

The vip stag is a WS I haven't really noticed either is it old eagle good?

Thrown two Veterans, the champ plastic, and I'd say more like a OS TB, maybe Banshee-ish.

I used to bag just Eagles, then mostly Eagles with a TeeBird sprinkled in occationally, now it's just Teebirds.

I have heard the saying that you can do everything a Tbird can do with an Eagle (eagle x) but you cant do everything an Eagle can do with a Tbird.

Someone told me when I first started playing that Eagles were for line shaping and TBs were for line holding. Obviously a generalization.

I like them both. I could just as easy throw one as the other. Threw TBs for a long time. Tried a couple Eags this year and really like them. If I didn't already have my TB collection it would be a coin flip.

Then you're not throwing the right Teebirds.

....because those Teebirds don't exist.

Eagles can do some awesome flex shots that Teebirds just don't like. If there is a Teebird that will flip to flat, turn for a good amount, then still fade out reliably I have yet to see it.

Eagles seem to be more useful at more distances than Teebirds, I really feel that Teebirds are a great disc for people throwing really far (fairways at least 350'). At average distances you can do all Teebird shots with an Eagle. When you get throwing a lot further that Teebird will still be doing straight really well and that shot starts to get more difficult with an Eagle.

I have a PD or two lying around for when I feel like I need a Teebird, without feeling like I have overlap in the bag. I suppose you could do the same thing with a Teebird and OLF though.

I'm surprised about the poll evenness. I probably see 1 Eagle for every 10+ Teebirds on the course.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.
I used to bag a beat star eagle a champ banshee and a star teebird. I replaced the eagle with a River and now bag a Metal Flake Teebird a Star Teebird and sometimes a Starlight Teebird and PD, Banshee got removed as well.

Loved the Eagle but just find the River similiar but better. But there is no replacement for a Teebird.

I've favored both of these discs over different parts of my time playing.

They are similar, yet unique enough that they have their own individual merits.

When I started playing, I was learning backhand drives with a dx eagle-x and champ eagle-L, and had a champ teebird for more overstable finishing drives.

Then as I started to get my form down, I gravitated to teebirds and then PDs. Now, as I look for fairways that I can work on more unique lines as my line shaping skills have seasoned, I'm gravitating back toward the eagle (though I'm bagging the saint pro right now, which I've found to be quite similar to an eagle)

Overall, I think the eagle is more capable of different flight patterns, but the teebird achieves straighter flight easier or will hold a line better without fighting out of it. Surely, there are some exceptions to that last statement, but over the years the Eagle wins out for me as the most versatile. Not necessarily better.

Eagles are great for shots that need to move laterally.

Teebirds are good for shots that need to lock onto a line.

If I'm faced with a long and straight tunnel shot, the high percentage shot is to pump a worn Teebird down there flat and trust in the HSS.

I don't want to throw an Eagle and have to flip it up from a hyzer in order to get it to fly straight for awhile.

So no, IMO an Eagle can't do everything a Teebird can do, but they can live in harmony together in my bag.

I bag one star Eagle these days. A c-line PD has taken over the more stable slot where I previously used a teebird.

I prefer Teebirds. I feel they perform better on shots that need to stay straight, especially tunnel shots. As DanJon said, Eagles have more lateral movement.

Eagles are great for shots that need to move laterally.

Teebirds are good for shots that need to lock onto a line.

This, but I am going to add that Eagles are great for holding lines if giving a release angle. TeeBirds work tremendously better when thrown flat. TeeBirds, especially PFN and seasoned ones, are above average at holding (an)hyzer lines, but fresh against fresh, Eagles are better at staying in the (an)hyzer orientation throughout most of its flight.

....because those Teebirds don't exist.

Eagles can do some awesome flex shots that Teebirds just don't like. If there is a Teebird that will flip to flat, turn for a good amount, then still fade out reliably I have yet to see it.

Eagles seem to be more useful at more distances than Teebirds, I really feel that Teebirds are a great disc for people throwing really far (fairways at least 350'). At average distances you can do all Teebird shots with an Eagle. When you get throwing a lot further that Teebird will still be doing straight really well and that shot starts to get more difficult with an Eagle.

Agree on what you said. In relation to the bold section, I have thrown a seasoned Star EX on a hyzer-flip that went straight with little fade out to 400 ft.

The EX can achieve Tbird shots through different cycles and plastics. It is harder for the Tbird to do the same. Eagles can get less stable through use. The Tbird can't get beefier and that's why people want Brinster Tbirds: they are more stable which means, in the end, it functions as an EX.

Last edited: