• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle vs. TeeBird?

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
I own both, and i am trying to find a purpose to keep both in my bag.... they overlap a lot....

I like the Tbird for drives... (if i didnt have a Tbird i;d use an eagle)
the Eagle makes for a good fairway driver. (if i didnt have an eagle, i'd use a tbrid.....)

any suggestions?

Ive got 4 eagles and 2 teebirds in my bag. I use the TeeBird for shorter controll drives, and i use eagles for a fairway on every hole almost. Eagle is my fav. disc, but the TeeBird is good too :)

I don't own an eagle, but I've thrown one a few times. I do, however, own a teebird (as well as TL) and I love it. The value of the teebird is with tight wooded passages and sidearm drives.

The TeeBird is kind-of a single purpose disc. It really only does one thing really well. Fortunately that one thing is flying long and straight with minimal fade. Really, who does not have room in the bag for a long straight driver?

The Eagle is more versatile. You can put it on different lines. You can flip one easier. It will fade harder. It's basically better than a TeeBird at everything...except going long and straight. The more pronounced fade of the Eagle makes the TeeBird noticeably longer as well.

Now if you want to carry just one, the Eagle is your disc. It just does a whole lot more than the TeeBird. But really, who does not have room in the bag for a long straight driver? I'd just carry both and call it a day.

A Teebird is a notch more overstable than an Eagle to me. The Eagle goes pretty straight, the Teebird has a more predictable fade in my experience.

A Teebird is a notch more overstable than an Eagle to me. The Eagle goes pretty straight, the Teebird has a more predictable fade in my experience.
A TeeBird is quite stable out of the box. You have to beat that fade out of it. You don't really appreciate what a TeeBird is until you beat the fade out of it and it starts flying dead-nuts straight for a mile. But yeah, they start off pretty overstable.

Is one version (X or L) favored by most people that use an Eagle?

I was thinking of revisiting the Eagle, but I wasn't sure which version is better.

My Eagle and Teebird are backwards of whats on the Innova charts.

My favorite Eagle is an 11X Champion thats flat and colored like these new Latitude 64 Gold Line discs, all swirly and full of streaks and striations.
Its ultra stable and nearly impossible for me to turn over. I think it's more an Eagle-X than a regular Eagle, so its more like a Teebird.

My Teebird is a standard Star run. Its a flip flat flies straight disc.
It doesnt do anything better than my KC Pro Gazelle, so the Gazelle and Eagle stay in the bag, the Teebird stays home.
My Eagle is more stable than the Gazelle too.

Eagle X is usually more favored. I like it better too. It's much more stable than the L mold. For me the eagle L flies like kinda like a leopard. I'd get the X mold.

I never did have much love for a teebird thought they are a great disc by any standard, I cannot however be comfortable going into a round without my TL, or my star Eagle X for that matter, keep them both! My TL will do whatever i want it to do, So will my eagleX, I love it for long hyzer flips that need to navigate through trees because they take such a wide s line when flipped hard, but will never under any circumstance turn over. The TL is my control driver, when i need to be sure somthin is gonna go where i through it, i grab the TL

an eagle-x is slightly less stable than a teebird, i find the teebird too overstable, so i use my eagle over the tbird

My friend found an eagle in the water yesterday, and it brought up this exact same question. Now I know.

Sidenote- It was a Star Eagle X, and where the weight/disc type is marked it said SEX. There might have been a tiny r in there, but whoever marks the disc weights obviously has the same sense of humor as I do.

I threw eagles for a long time, and just recently was given a champ teebird and had this exact same debate with myself. Both stayed in the bag for a long time, but the teebird eventually won the permanent spot in my bag as it got more beat in.

Is one version (X or L) favored by most people that use an Eagle?

I was thinking of revisiting the Eagle, but I wasn't sure which version is better.
The X is the only one in production right now. The Eagle L is dead, but they made it in DX for so long that you can still find a lot of them if you look. The L is pretty flippy so it is good for turnovers and long shots if you can afford to end up right. The X has that harder fade out of the box, but you can still usually get it to turn early. You just know it's coming back. A TeeBird X I can't turn unless it's doggie-toy beat, it just likes to go straight. TL's I don't know much about. The TL's I had were Pro TL's and they were worthless flippy POS. I hear good thing about the Star TL, though. I'm not sure why they didn't have a Star EL, maybe because it would be too Leopardish.

I think DX Eagles have the gayest stamp of any disc.

Latest posts