• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Eagle vs Thunderbird

Mine must be beefier than the norm then. Mine was doing fine yesterday in 15-20mph winds.

Which ones seem to be more stable, the flat ones or the ones with a slight dome?

Do y'all think I have too much overlap if I add thunderbirds (which I already purchased) to my bag? It seems like they fit between my less beefy teebirds and my beefier glow teebird.

Drivers usually in my bag:

Teebirds - 1 glow, 1 champ, 1 g-star
Valkyrie - for turnovers or rollrs
Orcs - for long straight shots that don't quite need my destroyer, one beat in and one newer max weight
Destroyers - multipe, usually star plastic of various condition

Do y'all think I have too much overlap if I add thunderbirds (which I already purchased) to my bag? It seems like they fit between my less beefy teebirds and my beefier glow teebird.

Drivers usually in my bag:

Teebirds - 1 glow, 1 champ, 1 g-star
Valkyrie - for turnovers or rollrs
Orcs - for long straight shots that don't quite need my destroyer, one beat in and one newer max weight
Destroyers - multipe, usually star plastic of various condition

its going to fit between your destro and your tb in terms of speed.

of same speed class your going to see overlap with your orc.

its going to fit between your destro and your tb in terms of speed.

of same speed class your going to see overlap with your orc.

This makes sense now that you say it. I'm wondering if maybe I will need my Orcs still, or if there is no point adding the new discs since my Orcs fly well for me at that speed. Will have to give it a try between now and the next tournament in January and see!

This makes sense now that you say it. I'm wondering if maybe I will need my Orcs still, or if there is no point adding the new discs since my Orcs fly well for me at that speed. Will have to give it a try between now and the next tournament in January and see!

you will soon find out! report results

The thunderbird replaced my eagle x's for everything but forehand rollers. I used to use the eagle as a firebird junior but the thunderbird is better in every way for me. The only reason I keep the eagle for rolling is that it's beat up to perfection and it will take some time for a thunderbird to get there.

I still carry my orcs for when I need a less stable shot. There is overlap but in a good way for me.

I still carry my orcs for when I need a less stable shot. There is overlap but in a good way for me.

Cool. I am just trying to be really careful not to have too many molds. Adding the Thunderbird puts me at 9 total molds. Not sure if that is a good number or too many.

Cool. I am just trying to be really careful not to have too many molds. Adding the Thunderbird puts me at 9 total molds. Not sure if that is a good number or too many.

It's all personal preference but 9 seems like the average. I've got a pretty streamlined bag and I carry 7 molds (multiples of each) and usually one Envy and one overstable high speed driver like a Boss or Enforcer. Theres 9.

Would you guys trust a Thunderbird into a strong headwind max distance flex shot?

My thunderbirds are all still super fresh, so absolutely. I'm guessing though they will start flipping some as they break in, so it remains to be seen if that will be a viable option after they get some seasoning on em. Right now tho, no prob.

I definitely would not trust the thunderbird for max distance in a strong headwind.. My D1's on the other hand, yes.

Thanks for all of the replies!

so to recap:

The Thb is faster than an eagle with a with stronger lss?

if my fair way set up is
Leo
FD
Eagle
FB

then it would fit nicely in the eagles spot?

Thunderbird is a superb forehand roller. I accidentally learned how to throw a forehand roller by trying to flick my Thunderbird on a big anhyzer. Watching that disc roll straight up the fairway I believe I experienced what alcoholics refer to as "a moment of clarity."

Latest posts