• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eastway Park -- Charlotte, NC

bettsjc

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Here we go again! This will probably become a regular thing as far as Charlotte is concerned.

A new 18 hole course has broken ground at Eastway Park. The park is located on Eastway, just north of its intersection with The Plaza.

The freshest info is that the course will include single basket placement with 2 concrete tees per hole. Short tees will be an estimated at ~3500' and longs being ~4300'. Specifics to come shortly.

The Charlotte Disc Golf Club's discussion board will have the most current info. The thread for Eastway Park is here.

New "official" notes about Eastway Park DGC...

Course Length;
Short tees-~4500'
Long tees-~6000'

The course will play more in open areas of the park. Current plans call for 5 wooded holes on this one. Has the sounds of an beginner/intermediate level course

Just heard about this tonight from hogleggbob as a matter of fact. He told me he was helping with the course development. If you got any questions, he would probably be the man to answer 'em.

Chalk up another course for the QC! I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

I have to say i was pleasantly suprised by the new Eastway layout. I think its a great course and with a little more work could definitely be one of the top courses in Charlotte. I liked just about everything except for holes 7 through 13 they seem a little bland. I do wish they could add some trees in the future and make them really great in the future. Also the course had some of the best pin placements I have ever seen. Congrats to everyone who did work on the course. It was very nice.

I am going to add Eastway to my wish list. I am also going to have to spend a day in Charlotte hitting all the courses I haven't played. Sure hope I can find someone down there to play with that likes to have a cold beer afterward!

Sloppy, why do you always want to wait til after the round to have a beer or twelve?

Not true. I had 3 beers while we played the other night. I just wait until after playing to finish off my brain cells.

Latest posts