• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay Alert: New Phenix Hard Core Bag

over $100 already????

I mean it is a really nice bag
but I don't think I like the open box concept anymore
there isn't enough storage

yes you can get plenty of discs in it (and the Carolina)
but having enough discs isn't usually the issue

it's being able to carry all the other stuff that I want
like food, water, bug spray, sun screen, extra clothes, rain gear perhaps etc etc

I should look at Steve A's plans for modifying a back pack

It looks clunky, extremely heavy, and the putter pouch looks bigger than it should be. I could see having to pick up all your discs everytime this thing tipped over. Its a good concept but maybe a bit overdone.

I hate when people place bids with 9 days left on an auction heh.

over $100 already????

I mean it is a really nice bag
but I don't think I like the open box concept anymore
there isn't enough storage

yes you can get plenty of discs in it (and the Carolina)
but having enough discs isn't usually the issue

like food, water, bug spray, sun screen, extra clothes, rain gear perhaps etc etc

I should look at Steve A's plans for modifying a back pack

There is a TON of storage in these bags and he has added even more. My wife's streamline (the smaller one for 12-15 discs) is packed to the gills with crap, bugspray, sunscreen, 5 minis, trail mix, energy chews, etc etc.

As for the putter pocket, its a two teir design but it fits 1 just fine.
It also has mini storage and another pocket.

Drink holders hold 2 quart nalgenes with no issues

Also it weighs less with 5 more discs and way more stuff than my fade tourney weighs.

Also has a rain flap which covers it the only time you need to.

Also hers have never spilled anything out of it.

There is a TON of storage in these bags and he has added even more. My wife's streamline (the smaller one for 12-15 discs) is packed to the gills with crap, bugspray, sunscreen, 5 minis, trail mix, energy chews, etc etc.

As for the putter pocket, its a two teir design but it fits 1 just fine.
It also has mini storage and another pocket.

Drink holders hold 2 quart nalgenes with no issues

Also it weighs less with 5 more discs and way more stuff than my fade tourney weighs.

Also has a rain flap which covers it the only time you need to.

Also hers have never spilled anything out of it.

You defend the bag so well its almost like you created it. To each his own. Thats why its good to have so many options in DG bags. What one man likes the next may not.

No, I am just trying to help the generalizations you guys who apparently have only seen pictures might have.

Considering I have carried hers on my back for about 40 rounds while I was broke I would want nothing else back there.

The bag isnt big and clunky at all. Its no bigger than any other tourney bag and actually weighs almost the same. The line-x may add a little more weight but it will also add many many more years of life to your bag. Disc golfers need to quit bein cheapskates, as with anything, u get what u pay for. Also there is plenty of storage,the center pocket is deeper than it looks. If u need more room than the phenix bag offers, u either absolutely need alcohol everytime u play or u have way too much unecessary shizz in ur bag. IMO

The bag isnt big and clunky at all. Its no bigger than any other tourney bag and actually weighs almost the same. The line-x may add a little more weight but it will also add many many more years of life to your bag. Disc golfers need to quit bein cheapskates, as with anything, u get what u pay for. Also there is plenty of storage,the center pocket is deeper than it looks. If u need more room than the phenix bag offers, u either absolutely need alcohol everytime u play or u have way too much unecessary shizz in ur bag. IMO

Well, not every time.

If the weight intimidates you just have your caddy carry the sucker.

Or get a cart.

Yeah it's sweet but hey, I'd almost rather play with one or two discs & save all the wear & tear on the bod.

that looks like a SOLID bag. If they ever start mass production of these I want one. I've gone through 3 bags just this year with as hard as I use them lol.

What in the world are you doing to your bags man? I've had the same bag for five years and it still works fine.

As for this Phoenix hardcore bag, if you pay over 100 bucks for a bag your insane.

BEEFY!!!! That bag is a beast but think I would probably still go with a GB overall. I'm not really sure if I would like the "cooler" style disc area. I would have to see a bag in person before making a leap on a bag like that.

"Disc golfers need to quit bein cheapskates, as with anything, u get what u pay for" yea and if you want to pay well over 100 dollars for a glorified back pack go ahead I play for a hobby not to spend all the littel money I make

But that being said I would love to have one but for the 5 dollars they have in suplys labor and shiping I won't give in to that kind of mark up

that looks like a SOLID bag. If they ever start mass production of these I want one. I've gone through 3 bags just this year with as hard as I use them lol.

Are you using those little insulated lunch bags??? 3 bags in one year?

anyone notice that this was the OP's first post?

Yep, it's my first post on here. I actually didn't know DGCR had forums until recently. I've been on here reviewing courses before, just never noticed.

I was pleasantly surprised how active they are.

like food, water, bug spray, sun screen, extra clothes, rain gear perhaps etc etc.

Maybe you didn't read the whole description. This is built with the same modular capability as their Core Modular Bag. Need more space? Clip some on. Want to lighten the load this time? Unclip and go.

Here's the link to the Core Mod bag where you can see the available attachments.
http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/coremodular.html

That bag looks heavy to me too. A lot of people I know are spraying that truck bed liner on their bags now and it's heavy.

Bill, does Christy's have that on the bottom?

Latest posts