• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elwood disc golf course - Elwood, IN

duckkiller73

Par Member
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the course going in Elwood, IN. I have heard some people talking about it going up, but don't know if its done or if anyone has played it yet if it is. There isn't anything showing up on here for reviews or anything.

Chuckdisc and I talked to Todd. He hasn't played it, just heard it would be going in. No one that we play with has played it or knows much about it, just that they are indeed getting one.

It's my understanding that Morse Beach Disc Golf Club is doing work on this. I heard its going up in Calloway Park over by the high school, but don't quote me on this. Does anyone else have any more details?

Morse Beach Disc Golf club is helping with brush cleanup and construction. The last pics I saw they were planning basket placement and clearing brush. More info could probably be found through their website, at morsebeachdgc.com. There were a couple of posts in their forum about work days. They are also on Facebook, under the same name.

Elwood Disc Golf Course

Just a quick update, courtesy of the Morse Beach DGC's Facebook Page:
The course is located behind the baseball and football fields on South P St. (Madison), west of SR 13, in Elwood.

Also, members of the Morse Beach Disc Golf Club and other volunteers will be at the new course in Elwood next Saturday, November 6th. They will be pouring teepads and setting baskets on the first 9 holes.
:thmbup:

Just a quick update, courtesy of the Morse Beach DGC's Facebook Page:
The course is located behind the baseball and football fields on South P St. (Madison), west of SR 13, in Elwood.

Also, members of the Morse Beach Disc Golf Club and other volunteers will be at the new course in Elwood next Saturday, November 6th. They will be pouring teepads and setting baskets on the first 9 holes.
:thmbup:

yes... Today I heard they will only have 9 basket for alittle while... they need more $$ for other 9 baskets

My understanding is they poured the concrete for the sleeves/tees yesterday. The baskets will/could be in next Saturday (13th). Only 9 baskets until the club gets enough money for the other 9. Next spring/summer.

It's ready for a round!!! All 9 concrete tees & Alan Pier spidrweb baskets are in! Shorter heavily wooded, nice terrain changes. Two small rollaway greens and two nice downhill shots with the creek in play behind #4? enjoy!

I am hoping to make it out there before there is white stuff on the ground everywhere.
Even then i might make the trip.

Lovin the INDIANA disc golf.

It's ready for a round!!! All 9 concrete tees & Alan Pier spidrweb baskets are in! Shorter heavily wooded, nice terrain changes. Two small rollaway greens and two nice downhill shots with the creek in play behind #4? enjoy!
Nice baskets. :thmbup:

11_01_2007_BB_CBC.jpg

We need some new courses in central IN. I would LOVE to see a course @ Eagle Creek park. Think of the possibilities. Hummel Park in Plainfield? Garfield park? Brown County state park? Monroe-Morgan state forrest? I know we're mostly flat around here, but there are plenty of woods around.

We need some new courses in central IN. I would LOVE to see a course @ Eagle Creek park. Think of the possibilities. Hummel Park in Plainfield? Garfield park? Brown County state park? Monroe-Morgan state forrest? I know we're mostly flat around here, but there are plenty of woods around.

I have been to morgan-monroe and backpacked it. Nice area and scenery.
and obviously brown county would be incredible.

State parks are tough to work with because they want to preserve the nature and disc golf courses are fairly high impact with a lot of players and discs hitting trees and chipping bark leaves trees susceptible to disease and they can die.

Kingjames1040; my review about n.w.way states just that! Move it to Eagle creek. That damn paved trail sucks,unless you play it during the week.Way to dangerous.

Kingjames1040; my review about n.w.way states just that! Move it to Eagle creek. That damn paved trail sucks,unless you play it during the week.Way to dangerous.
agreed. played n.w.way a couple of times and hate that trail. last time i played there were signs missing on 3-4 holes(vandalism). And it looks like transients sleep in the woods off holes 9 & 10.