• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMac Judge

GoatPaco

Par Member
Looks like the new disc DD has been teasing is a microbeaded Judge.

Manufacturer / Distributor: Dynamic Discs
Approved Date: Jan 5, 2021
Certification Number: 21-1

Specifications

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 60.75
Flexibility: 6.25kg

Release in February? I believe that's what their last teaser video said.

https://youtu.be/Tq7Sl6SEal4

Last edited:
EMacs video made it look less stable, for sure. Specs seem like its a hair shallower, too..

I am not really convinced. I always thought the marshal was a micro bead judge.. *shrugs

Looks like they have an Eagle X type of disc coming too called the Evader. 7/4/0/2.5

As far as a microbe Judge. I'll probably toss one to see if I like it.

DD can't keep their putters on the shelf right now. They are selling like hot cakes. It seems unnecessary to release a new putter mold in 2021 when clearly their existing molds are in high demand.

But even if this was a normal year, I just don't understand the need to muddy the waters when they already have a fantastic putter lineup. If anything, they need to retool the OS approach slot since they OOP'd both the Slammer and Suspect. But making a less stable Judge? Hard pass. Just buy one in Prime plastic and wait a couple weeks.

Now regarding the other new disc the Evader -- a 7/4/0/2.5 disc would be really nice and fill a hole in their lineup. That makes a LOT more sense.

Well I am quite disappointed. I have been using the judge, but have found them to be a little less stable than I want off the tee. I thought this was going to be the answer to that problem, but that thing had turn out of the box in Emacs video. Blah.

Yeah. I wanted a slightly more stable Judge.

But I also wanted a little taller, beaded, more stable Deputy.

So maybe I do want an Emac Judge?

To tack on to my earlier complaint, this also muddies the naming convention needlessly. An Emac is a more stable Truth, but also a less stable Judge. That's gonna be confusing to new players. And I no longer can just call my Mids "Emacs" because now that could be one of two different discs. Why did they have to call this putter an Emac Judge? Ugh.

To tack on to my earlier complaint, this also muddies the naming convention needlessly. An Emac is a more stable Truth, but also a less stable Judge. That's gonna be confusing to new players. And I no longer can just call my Mids "Emacs" because now that could be one of two different discs. Why did they have to call this putter an Emac Judge? Ugh.

Emac Judges already exist as I have one, the all white with the small black silhouette. I have an Emac Truth as well before the Emac Truth came out.

Emac Judges already exist as I have one, the all white with the small black silhouette. I have an Emac Truth as well before the Emac Truth came out.

Kinda proves my point, no? We already have Judges floating around that have an Emac stamp. Now there will be a whole different mold called "Emac Judge."

DD has prided themselves on being beginner friendly, and this just doesn't seem to be a beginner friendly idea. It's only going to confuse the newbies more.

I'd love a more stable judge. That's what I thought this was when I saw the announcement.

Second vote for the Crown being a more stable Judge. Similar hand feel and more fade. I've bagged a Classic Blend Crown in winter rounds as my "Judge Pro" when I don't want to lose my main throwing putter in the snow.

Kinda proves my point, no? We already have Judges floating around that have an Emac stamp. Now there will be a whole different mold called "Emac Judge."

DD has prided themselves on being beginner friendly, and this just doesn't seem to be a beginner friendly idea. It's only going to confuse the newbies more.

They should have called it the EMAC Judge mb maybe.

Or how about Judge Judy? Because it's only kind of a Judge.

Was at the Dynamic Discs brick and mortar store today, and the employees thought that the new eMac Judge was a Discraft Challenger clone/inspired since that was (is?) McCabe's putter. I don't know any history, just passing along gossip.

Latest posts