• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emmitsburg, MD

Emmitsburg Community Park DGC

3.615(based on 9 reviews)
No map here yet or hole distances (but can see they average 300 feet from the total distance) and it says "baskets are currently in but tees are being worked on". Are there any current markers for the tee spots? I assume they have been selected since the baskets are positioned and a total distance is provided. This is right off Route 15 and I make the DC-to-Harrisburg trip several times a year. Just wondering if I should allocate time to play it yet or just wait until the tees are better established.

No map here yet or hole distances (but can see they average 300 feet from the total distance) and it says "baskets are currently in but tees are being worked on". Are there any current markers for the tee spots? I assume they have been selected since the baskets are positioned and a total distance is provided. This is right off Route 15 and I make the DC-to-Harrisburg trip several times a year. Just wondering if I should allocate time to play it yet or just wait until the tees are better established.
Wait for a long period of dry weather. There might be a map somewhere on the Fredrock facebook page.

Wait for a long period of dry weather. There might be a map somewhere on the Fredrock facebook page.
As the guy who rarely takes advice, I decided to visit the course today in the fine weather. I walked it first (yeah that was me) and then decided that the ground was only crunchy so I played a round. Of course the temp had gone up 10 degrees and I ended up muddy (but I was warned). Met some of the guys working on the course. It is going to be fantastic. Yeah the tees are only markers now and the navigation takes a little work but I was able to negotiate it so just about anybody else should be able to as well. I loved it even though I was a muddy mess by the end. I'll refrain from a real review until the grand opening later this year. I do agree that you should wait to give the ground a chance to dry out.

Latest posts