• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever find discs in thrift stores?

Found a beat DX Aviar at a yard sale once, lady said she would take 50 cents.
Gave her the money and asked if she had any others, said she had a box full earlier that morning and some guy bought the whole box.
:wall: :wall: :wall:

It's my dream every time I walk into one!!

To no avail..

QFT.
Me, too.

Not trying to save money, but I keep hoping I'll find a CE Roc for 50 cents at a Thrift Store or yard/garage sale

QFT.
Me, too.

Not trying to save money, but I keep hoping I'll find a CE Roc for 50 cents at a Thrift Store or yard/garage sale

Heck yeah...that's the goal!

We do a decent amount of rummage sale-ing during the summers, but we slacked off last year. I know I've SEEN discs in my pre-discing days at rummage sales, but not since I've actually started playing.

Finding a box of CE would be the balls.

I haven't ever found discs, although I know of people who have.

But, every time I'm out playing I'm guaranteed to be wearing some article of clothing that came from the thrift stores. Most times, it's 99% of what I'm wearing.

There are always dry-fit shirts, underarmor, cargo pants/shorts, and jackets that are perfect for DG.

I scored at an estate sale.

44 new discs no ink from the mid 90's-2004 @ $4 per disc. Mosly circle and bar stamped Innova DX but also included a 4th gen CE Valk, tourney stamped 2nd gen CE QJLS, and a super pearly champ Orc.

DX highlights were two bullet stamped and one bar stamped XD.

2 discs, 9/10, Star Wraith and Valkyrie, $3 each at Goodwill a few years ago near Everett. Then just last fall at Idaho Youth Ranch near Boise, a Frisbee Tournament putter, 8/10, 12 cents.

I am never sure where to look. To me it is sporting goods, but I have found regular frisbees in toys.

A lady who's back yard backs up to a DG course was having a garage sale, I was waiting on my playing partner to show up so I decided why not check it out. Looked for about 5 mins and found nothing of interest but a nice Nalgene bottle for 50 cents. Went to pay for it, that's when I saw the holy grail, a whole basket of discs shed found in her yard over the years hanging in the corner of the garage. I asked if I could talk her into selling some of them to me and she replied "why yes of course just leave me a dozen or so for when I want to take my students out or some friends." So I get to diggin, came out with a CE eagle, 2 11x KC Pro Teebirds, a stack of pre flight star and champ drivers, and some cool circle stamped DX and some other randoms for 2.50 a piece. I now pay her a visit once or twice a year and have since gotten another 11x KC Pro TeeBird, a CE Leo, Star Boss, Star and Champ Destroyers and a few other star/champ drivers. But never found anything else at thrift stores or garage sales although I always keep my eyes peeled. Did find a protostar champ boss in a tree at the hole the lady's house backs up to once though. :D

Well, I scored. Savers in Rochester MN had 4 discs the last time I went there. I bought the following for $10:

IMG_1854.jpg

curious, they had a decent DX Rhyno, but $10, and a beat to crap DX Beast for $9.

The Firebird was a dog disc, full of bites, but it throws nice and OS.

The Roc...do those circle stamps have any value? It's in pretty nice shape, a single ding on the rim.

Latest posts