• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever Hit a Car??

I was playing McGregor park in Houston last year with a guy playing for his second time. Hole #4 plays with the street on your left. He let is drive rip, and threw it with way to much hyzer, and hit headed right for the street. We saw a car coming, and just knew it was going to hit it. At the last second , his disc dived down, and skidded right under the car, and out the other side. It was wild to see, and the disc was fine. He ran out and got it and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

I teed off on #17 at Bryant Lake Park, MN, which is about 100'+ above and to the left of an overflow parking lot. My RHFH drive got caught up in the wind, hung there, then screamed at about MACH 2 towards the lot. It skipped in an empty spot, then slammed into my cousin's car, putting a small dent in it. In a true "play it where it lies" moment, I decided to back up a couple of steps and fire my second shot, which hit the antenna of my cousin's car immediately after release, bending it at a 45 degree angle. Fortunately his car was about 11 years old, so he didn't care about the damage, but his radio reception sucks now.

Latest posts