• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ever thrown a Wildcat?

HarkeyPuck

* Ace Member *
I found a Discraft Wildcat just laying in the fairway yesterday. No ink.
I looked up the flight ratings on DiscGolfCenter and they were similar to the Beast. Just wondering what people think of this disc.

Did you find a Z or X version?

The Z version flies similarly to a new Valk or a pre-barry beast.

The X version will beat into a slow turnover driver like the current mold beast.

I just stepped up to the wildcat from my XL's. Great disc for me to get some distance on. It is rather new so not much turn over yet. It is the X version with some nice grip to it. Try it you might like it!

It was an Elite Z. I'm always confused with Discraft. It says overstable driver, but with ratings I saw and what you said, sounds pretty understable.

WC Love

I used to Throw WC's as my main distance driver back in 2003/2004. The X plastic is money till you hit a tree. I used the X for huge sweeping S curve shots. The Z for me was more overstable and condusive to left fading wood shots.

It is almost like the Z version was a less stable pred. However both plastic versions have some skip to them.

I used to Throw WC's as my main distance driver back in 2003/2004. The X plastic is money till you hit a tree. I used the X for huge sweeping S curve shots. The Z for me was more overstable and condusive to left fading wood shots.

It is almost like the Z version was a less stable pred. However both plastic versions have some skip to them.

Sounds like you have some OAT. The X Wildcat is still stable after it hits a bit. I throw wildcats as my primary driver and the X will turn when it beats in a little but will always come back. With s small hyzer flip it will flip flat. The Pred is WAY more overstable than a wildcat. If thrown flat a Z wildcat will turn just a little and then come back for a nice long S. I carry 1 Z and two X wildcats, a regular color X wildcat and a blue x wildcat. The blue X wildcats are flippy due to the way the color cools on the racks.

IMO Wildcats are closer to Valkyries than Beasts but either comparison is fairly accurate.
I prefer the Z Wildcats. They can bomb just like Valks but you really have to concentrate on giving them enough height.

I also feel that, while remaining extremely similar, Valks do the job just a smidge better because of the disc geometry and the slight glide advantage.

I have had both the Valk (DX and Champ) and the Wildcat (X and Z) as my primary distance drivers at different points in time.

I liked them but don't own any. A buddy of a buddy throws them a lot. Whenever he tees off with it we all yell WILDCAT!

Good times.

\/\/

Sounds like you have some OAT. .

All he did was give what plastic he liked and you say he has OAT?

How did you determine that but him saying he thinks Z plastic in more overstable than X?

I have some new predators than are not nearly as stable as the ones I bought last year. It could be runs, not form.

I may have access to a new, unthrown Z Wildcat. If anybody is interested, PM me and maybe we could work something out.

All he did was give what plastic he liked and you say he has OAT?

How did you determine that but him saying he thinks Z plastic in more overstable than X?

I have some new predators than are not nearly as stable as the ones I bought last year. It could be runs, not form.

because an x wildcat is stable until it hits a tree and shouldn't be doing huge sweeping S curves until it beats in a little, unless he's throwing it with anny anyway. A brand new one thrown flat will turn a little and then come back for a relatively tight S. Also pred wayyyy more overstable than a Z Wildcat. So either he is oating them a little or he was exaggerating on how much the X turns and how similar the pred and Z wildcat is. That or his definition of swooping S is different than mine.

There is so much better plastic available. It's alright but not Discrafts best by any means.

Latest posts