• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Everything Is For Sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, sorry, ignore my pm, I just saw your posts, no rush on the shipping, take care of yourself first.

UPDATE ON WHATS BEEN GOING ON:

Two weeks ago in the middle of the night I woke up with my heart racing and skipping. Felt like I was going to vomit. I thought I was just getting sick, and it went away. It happened again, and family members were telling me that all of my symptoms were signs of a heat stroke, and I needed to drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest. This was when I realized that I wouldn't be playing disc golf anymore. Everything kept getting worse the first of the week. Tuesday my heart wouldn't stop pounding and skipping, and I was in bed all day. Wednesday morning my ex-wife came and took me to the emergency room. When we got there, I almost fell through the doors, and they rushed me to the back, and that's where all of the fun started…

It turns out that I had hypertension, a small heart attack, and diabetes. I've had diabetes for a while now without knowing it or seeing the signs. I was in the hospital until today. When I first went in my blood pressure was 212 over 186, and my blood sugar was 462. They did a stress test on me yesterday, and found out the there wasn't any damage or blockage in my heart. The diabetes caused all of this, and now I have to take 4 different meds everyday for the diabetes, high blood pressure, and give myself insulin shots once a day.

The good news is, when I get accustom to all of the new drugs in my body, I'll be able to get back out on the course eventually!

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words that were sent to me! The disc golf community is definitely the greatest group of people on the planet!

Thats very good news, once you learn how to manage your diabetes everything will go back to normal.

Two weeks ago in the middle of the night I woke up with my heart racing and skipping. Felt like I was going to vomit. I thought I was just getting sick, and it went away. It happened again, and family members were telling me that all of my symptoms were signs of a heat stroke, and I needed to drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest. This was when I realized that I wouldn't be playing disc golf anymore. Everything kept getting worse the first of the week. Tuesday my heart wouldn't stop pounding and skipping, and I was in bed all day. Wednesday morning my ex-wife came and took me to the emergency room. When we got there, I almost fell through the doors, and they rushed me to the back, and that's where all of the fun started…

It turns out that I had hypertension, a small heart attack, and diabetes. I've had diabetes for a while now without knowing it or seeing the signs. I was in the hospital until today. When I first went in my blood pressure was 212 over 186, and my blood sugar was 462. They did a stress test on me yesterday, and found out the there wasn't any damage or blockage in my heart. The diabetes caused all of this, and now I have to take 4 different meds everyday for the diabetes, high blood pressure, and give myself insulin shots once a day.

The good news is, when I get accustom to all of the new drugs in my body, I'll be able to get back out on the course eventually!

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words that were sent to me! The disc golf community is definitely the greatest group of people on the planet!

Hope you feel better soon. I assume this is adult onset (type 2)? Shot's once a day would make me think that. If so you should be done with the shots soon and disc golf is only going to help you with this disease. It's gonna be a challenge but healthy lifestyle changes will kick it's ass. Take care.

coming from an RN, DKA is no fun... and your blood sugar being that high likely caused that hypertension.

that said. diabetes, like any chronic condition is manageable, but it takes strenuous dedication to your health, but I don't see why you couldn't continue playing if there was no damage to your heart?

hey, KDG, lmk if you have any questions related to your heart or diabetes I can answer, I am a registered nurse that deals with open heart surgeries and lots of other things :)

Last edited:
They did a stress test on me, and may I add that it was no fun at all. It came back clean with no blockage or damage. My heart still doesn't feel normal from the stress that was put on it, and I'm sure it also has to do with my body adjusting to taking all of these drugs now. I went from taking none to 4 a day plus the Lantus. I checked my blood pressure for the first time since I was released about an hour ago, and it was 156 over 94, and my pulse is 75.

I took a stress test once, I maxed out the machine. Those treadmill stress tests are not made for competitive runners.

They did a stress test on me, and may I add that it was no fun at all. It came back clean with no blockage or damage. My heart still doesn't feel normal from the stress that was put on it, and I'm sure it also has to do with my body adjusting to taking all of these drugs now. I went from taking none to 4 a day plus the Lantus. I checked my blood pressure for the first time since I was released about an hour ago, and it was 156 over 94, and my pulse is 75.

I would say, and please, don't think I'm trying to push you one way or another, but you should be safer the further you get away from this event. I mean as long as you're not trying to break the "most holes in 24hrs" record to ease yourself back into it. The best thing for you right now is a slow, steady increase in activity back to near baseline. I worry that if you give up dg'ing that your activity will decrease to a point that your diabetes will get worse because you're not burning off the carbs that you are intaking.
again, you're gonna do what you want, but this is just my opinion.
ps, you're not a flake ;)

Can you post some pics of the Innova Competition Bag Green/Tan please? Also, how big is that last towel? Thanks!

I hope everything is going good with your health, obviously that's more important than plastic circles! But if you get back into the selling mode let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts