• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Evolution Line Method

King K

Par Member
Anyone else tried one yet? Got a pair of them the other day and love them so far, similar to a roc, but with a touch more glide. Feel a little bit over stable, but that could be because I haven't thrown a new roc in a while. The plastic feels great, but is it worth keeping both the roc and the method in the bag?

Thoughts on plastic, feel, and/or flight?

Well if the disc feels really similar to a ROC with a similar flight then I would say keep it in the bag. That is my tip.

I can tell you this from experience for one reason: I Use the Shark for very long approach 35-40 feet and back as well as driving putter slot and Windy day putter. In late 2017 and early 2018 when I was trying to find a good midrange replacement for the DX Stingray as a true midrange shot, the Shark 3 was an obvious choice having more midrange glide and less putter glide that The Shark has. However I still use the Shark 3 off the tee in shots where the Shark would do the more putter like glide/flight when I need a true midrange and up type glide/flight.

Anyone else tried one yet? Got a pair of them the other day and love them so far, similar to a roc, but with a touch more glide. Feel a little bit over stable, but that could be because I haven't thrown a new roc in a while. The plastic feels great, but is it worth keeping both the roc and the method in the bag?

Thoughts on plastic, feel, and/or flight?

I got mine pre-release (local store mess-up) and have been throwing it a bit, including comparing it to Roc3 and MD3 on field smashes. It is notebly more HSS than both the others but still pack a great glide, resulting in the same distance but a few meters to the left (RHBH) of the others.

First overstable mid range to make it into my bag, reliable but not dumpy.

Ps. I consider it the perfect big brother of a Roc or MD3, a slot i did not consider the Roc3 to be HSS enough for.

Last edited:
The Method has found it's spot in my bag very quickly. I took out my MD4 and my MD5, and replaced them with the Iron Samurai MD3 and the Method. I love how the stability of the Method is between the MD4 and MD5, but it has way more glide than either of them offered. This is the mid range that the Discmania lineup has been missing.

The Method has found it's spot in my bag very quickly. I took out my MD4 and my MD5, and replaced them with the Iron Samurai MD3 and the Method. I love how the stability of the Method is between the MD4 and MD5, but it has way more glide than either of them offered. This is the mid range that the Discmania lineup has been missing.

Method and MD3 would cover a lot of shots.

I threw the Method one round and it is very true to the numbers: handled headwinds very nicely.

I also bag Method and Iron Samurai, for the touch hyzerflips there's also a really beat almost flat Dx Roc. These three discs is everything I've ever wanted in a mid range trio. :)

I'm loving this thing so much. I picked it up out of curiosity, and I'm pretty sure my mids are now just going to be MD5, Method, stable Comet, comety Comet.

Anyone else have the Method bug?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is the consensus that the stock Methods are more overstable than MD4? There are some conflicting accounts in the video reviews.

Simon's next signature run...The Crescent Method Man!

220px-Method_Man_at_Shattuck_Down_Low.jpg

I won one of these as a CTP prize yesterday. How does this thing compare to my Roc3's or my MD4?

I won one of these as a CTP prize yesterday. How does this thing compare to my Roc3's or my MD4?
More OS than Roc3 for sure. It glides really well and goes just as far as a Roc3, but it doesn't want to hold straight for as long. I'm usually surprised at how far it goes, because the LSS kicks in so much earlier than other non-Gatory mids I've thrown.

In a headwind, it's like a Roc3 on a calm day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Finally got to throw it yesterday. Similar flight to my MD4, with maybe a little less dump during fade. Have feel is more like a Roc3 than an MD4, but in arguably better-feeling plastic than either.

Either my MD4s are well beaten in or theres variation going on, but for me the Method was well more OS than any MD4s that I have had. I would say between MD4 and Gator/MD5 but with glide too.

Either my MD4s are well beaten in or theres variation going on, but for me the Method was well more OS than any MD4s that I have had. I would say between MD4 and Gator/MD5 but with glide too.

I noticed some inconsistencies in the reviews so I took a poll on the Discmania collectors Facebook page:

48 : method is more overstable than MD4
3: same stability as MD4
3: MD4 is more overstable than method

I got to feel one of these today and the mold certainly feels very similar to a Roc3. The bead may not be quite a pronounced but pretty dang close. The plastic felt awesome! It had just a bit of give and had good grip for premium plastic. I didn't get a chance to throw it yet but curious to see how it compares to verdicts which I currently have in the overstable mid slot.

It sounds like a Bard... did they just make Discmania a Bard clone?

It certainly flies like a Bard but the feel is different. The Bard feels chunkier and I love the Bard for that. The closest in look and feel from Trilogy is the Anchor.