• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] EXP1

I had this crazy FAF high PLH DX Banshee last year, thing was sweet for OH's till it shattered on a tree hit. :(

I could just throw a Banshee. I've had EXP1's in the bag for a long time so I'd stick with them if they were still around.

I threw a Banshee for the first time today. I threw it flat and it turned over but came back hard resulting in the widest 300 foot S curve I have ever seen. It was DX... is this a normal flight in DX plastic?

I thought that the EXP-1 had the flat wing like a TL or eagle L? and the banshee had the hooked wing, that as the difference??
I will be going vroc style nuts if they do release exps in glow and q.

Why not just bag a Champ or Star Eagle-X?
Because I don't like Champ Eagles for that shot. I use it a lot for "get out of jail" shots and if I have any problem with EXP1's it's the fact that they sometimes go too far and just leave me in jail on the other side. Eagles would just make that worse. If I was going to switch to a Champ disc for what I'm using an EXP1 for, it would be the Banshee so it would cut harder.

Here is the stamp...

According to the guy who announced the release (on one of the millennium collectors facebook pages), there will only be 50 with that stamp as a prerelease tournament fundraiser. 25 glow and 25 champ. The rest will have a stock stamp of some sort, 400 glow and 600 champ.

I'm pumped for this to happen.

These need to sell out overnight so we can get EXP1's back in regular production.

I am just curious as to where we will be able to get them from. Perhaps the Innova Pro Shop or Millennium shop will have them? I may try to grab a few base plastic ones to cycle while waiting.

I bought a couple of the base plastic ones thinking they would be a good winter substituted for my CE and can't stand them, so fair warning. I just can't seem to crank on them the same way I can with the CE and know that it will still finish hard left.

On a different note, the same guy I said mentioned the run numbers in an earlier post amended his total number expectation late last night. Apparently Millennium is wanting to test the waters instead of going into a full production run so they brought the number down to 500 or so total. He also said that the majority of the discs would be stamped for his tournament fundraiser. No matter what the numbers are for the first run, if they are at least close to the same stability of my CE I'll be stocking up. The fact that Millennium is also starting to mold up so glow discs makes me excited as well.

There is a tournament here in Colorado at the end of February, and they are advertsing the glow and q EXPs as tourney (without any specific mention of how many of each they'll be getting). Doesn't really answer anyones questions about where to get them, but Ill keep you posted.