• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Explorer

I would welcome any comparisons to the Convict and Culverin. I assume the Convict and Culverin are a bit longer due being speed 9?

I would say the biggest difference is the speed. So, I would say that the Explorer is a more stable speed 7 than the Culverin is relative to other speed 9s.
Unfortunately I don't know how close the Convict is to the Saint Pro, which is slightly faster with slightly more turn on the same distance, compared to the Exolorer.
I simply prefer a stable speed 7 flight path over a equally stable (comparing between different speeds are sketchy) speed 9 on 350'ish throws. A later and smaller turn.

So I expressed some live for the explorer earlier in this thread. Iost my explorer and I'm having a hard time finding the right color and weight that I want (I'm picky)...... So I was putting around PIAS tonight and saw an X out Star Teebird. Now I never really have been an "Innova guy" (whatever that means??) But recently I ordered a couple of putters in my search to find discs that compliment my game(also I'm looking to cycle molds, all of my molds I want a Philo style bag) so here we go! Hopefully the teebird and I click as much as I did with the explorer, I know it's tried and true, and star plastic feels pretty damn good. Fingers crossed.

Good choice. Teebirds are awesome!

So I've heard, not gonna lie it was the explorer that piqued my interest in the speed seven class, I threw my Teeb a few times and already like the HSS better. That's what I wanted (for me I always got a little turn out of the explorer) I wanna beat the turn into it. Plus I got an X out, ten bucks for a $15 disc, yes please. Now I have a beautiful baby blue swirly piece of plastic.

Really liking the feel of the GL Explorer has a nice feeling that neither the Opto or special edition has very grippy. I haven't felt newer GL since they added burst but I'm a fan. Can't wait to see how it fly's.

So I've heard, not gonna lie it was the explorer that piqued my interest in the speed seven class, I threw my Teeb a few times and already like the HSS better. That's what I wanted (for me I always got a little turn out of the explorer) I wanna beat the turn into it. Plus I got an X out, ten bucks for a $15 disc, yes please. Now I have a beautiful baby blue swirly piece of plastic.

Sounds really nice! Is it a touch more HSS than the Opto Explorer? Is it an Avery Teebird?

Really liking the feel of the GL Explorer has a nice feeling that neither the Opto or special edition has very grippy. I haven't felt newer GL since they added burst but I'm a fan. Can't wait to see how it fly's.

You're not allowed to tease more! I'll write an angry letter to Skellefteå now...

Where'd you find a GL?

I just grabbed my match play players pack as well. My first few throws say it has less hss and lss than a star bird but more glide. The weather was terrible, cold and windy. I'll report back once I get a few more throws in

If anyone is curious about PLH GL is on the left with 2 Opto and one gold X on the right

Attachments

• AC7B6674-1416-4026-9866-18EF338541BF.jpg
    AC7B6674-1416-4026-9866-18EF338541BF.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 96
Picked up a blue opto 170 explorer. Picked the flatest of the bunch, and even still it has some dome to it. Really liking this disc. It will complement my broken in Saint Pro quite well.

Saw on a dynamic discs video that Ricky is dropping his tour series dagger and getting opto-x explorers

Saw on a dynamic discs video that Ricky is dropping his tour series dagger and getting opto-x explorers

An Opto-X Explorer actually sounds interesting. That's easily my favorite plastic out there. Might be an option instead of a fresh Volt. Not that Volts are in any danger of being kicked out of my bag anytime soon.

I listened to the portion that eman6854 referred to. Jeremy R. stated that the Opto-X Explorer would be Ricky's disc, but I am not certain that he was saying that Daggers would not be any longer. I think Latitude 64 would want to keep Ricky's name on it, unless there is someone else who can make it sell instead.

Latest posts