• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Extinct course? The Nick

TimZ

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time user of the course directory. This is #1!

What motivated me to finally register is I wanted to report what seems to be a course that is no more. I was out of town in Wolfeboro, NH for a family event and I really wanted to throw. I only had a small amount of time, so I opted for "The Nick" instead of the more reputable course which was 30 mins away.

I feel like there is nothing left there! I went ahead and made a review at

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=3459&mode=rev

So this place might want to be marked for an extinct course at best.

I just threw some practice drives at the backstop and left. At the end I considered myself fortunate it was gone, as it looked to be the makings of a real rough round! And limited light.

I think for the benefit of future golfers who might visit the town we should update the status of the listing.

Tim

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time user of the course directory. This is #1!

What motivated me to finally register is I wanted to report what seems to be a course that is no more. I was out of town in Wolfeboro, NH for a family event and I really wanted to throw. I only had a small amount of time, so I opted for "The Nick" instead of the more reputable course which was 30 mins away.

I feel like there is nothing left there! I went ahead and made a review at

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=3459&mode=rev

So this place might want to be marked for an extinct course at best.

I just threw some practice drives at the backstop and left. At the end I considered myself fortunate it was gone, as it looked to be the makings of a real rough round! And limited light.

I think for the benefit of future golfers who might visit the town we should update the status of the listing.

Tim

If there aren't any baskets at this course, how did you still manage to give it a half-star rating?

I'd probably contact the parks department & see if they decided to pull the baskets seasonally, or if there are other plans for them. They could give you the definitive answer as to whether or not the course should be declared 'extinct.'

ps: I love the fact that it's listed as "Heavily Wooded". :\
Almost a mile of distance in nine holes, too, playing amongst every other park activity...kind of asking for trouble.

At the very least you can update the conditions to say that the baskets have been pulled.

I'd probably contact the parks department & see if they decided to pull the baskets seasonally, or if there are other plans for them. They could give you the definitive answer as to whether or not the course should be declared 'extinct.'

ps: I love the fact that it's listed as "Heavily Wooded". :\
Almost a mile of distance in nine holes, too, playing amongst every other park activity...kind of asking for trouble.

Ah! I hadn't thought of the possibility of it being seasonally taken down. I'm spoiled by the Bay Area. Thanks!

It would seem the only approach possible at The Nick would be ring around the park. Makes for a tough round, I'm sure.

Oh, I see. Is that in the course section? I'm a newb on the site.

It's in the course info section.

I reported your review given that it's not really fair to give a course a rating when you haven't actually played the course. Reporting it also was a way to alert a mod so that the course could be marked as extinct.

I live about an hour and a half from there and have heard nothing about that course. It wouldn't surprise me if it got pulled simply because it's sparingly used, and when it is used it interferes with other park activities.

Latest posts