• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Facebook Integration

I can't wait to get home to do this. I can't access Facebook at work. Cool feature Tim!

Really cool! The only thing that I noticed that might be a problem is on the posting of a recorded round. If you go back and edit the round, then it does not update on Facebook. This may only really apply to when you make a change to the notes section or a change to the overall score.

Well, I can't remove or update a post on your page so I'd have to create another one if you change your score, etc. which I thought might get annoying.

I did include updated reviews and the same rules apply as on the site where if you update it in less than 24 hours then the review here isn't shown as updated and there isn't an "update" post to your facebook page. After 24 hours, your review will show the updated tag on DGCR and a post will be sent to facebook about your updated review.

Last edited:
Well, I can't remove or update a post on your page so I'd have to create another one if you change your score, etc. which I thought might get annoying.

I did include updated reviews and the same rules apply as on the site where if you update it in less than 24 hours then the review here isn't shown as updated and there isn't an "update" post to your facebook page. After 24 hours, your review will show the updated tag on DGCR and a post will be sent to facebook about your updated review.

When you say it will publishes your posts...what does that mean exactly?

is that just onthe social page, or is it every post we make here or what? Sorry I am facebook stupid. I'va had forever and only been in there a handful of times.

If you connect your DGCR account to facebook, you will be able to share the following items (and only these items) on facebook:

New review
Updated reviews
New scores in the scorebook
New scheduled rounds
New courses added to your played list

So when I add a round to my schedule though it posts to my Facebook right away. Which means it would get lost in all the feeds on my friends' pages by the time the actual day rolls around. So is there any way to delay the posting of the schedule until the day it happens?

I think there is a way but it's much more involved since I'll have to update your page without you being actively logged in to facebook. It's something I can investigate when I get a chance.

OK, I'm liking it so far. I marked a course played that I hadn't marked off yet so I could see it work.

I also realized that I don't have many DGCR facebook friends...so add me!

My Facebook Page

\/\/

There isn't really a visible change on the site. What happens is that if you post a new review, score, etc. DGCR will make a post on your facebook wall that you wrote a new review or whatever the case may be.

There isn't really a visible change on the site. What happens is that if you post a new review, score, etc. DGCR will make a post on your facebook wall that you wrote a new review or whatever the case may be.
Can I push out my old reviews? I was able to send the link to my home course.

*edit*

I have a better idea. Why don't I just look for myself?

Nope. Can't do that.

What a nice feature. It works well and looks great. Thanks for the continued improvement to this site.

I think you used the share thing for your home course which is completely separate from the facebook stuff I put together for reviews, scores, etc. As far as old reviews, there isn't a way to push them out. If you update them, they'll get pushed out so if/when you do that it will post a thing on your facebook page.