• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Faction: Craft Disc Revolution

Unfortunately, if the USPS person wants that package to fit into the mailbox, "DO NOT BEND" or a cardboard backer is not going to stop it.

On a personal level, I am very lucky as any package I order of discs to my own home my USPS carrier will deliver it right to my door instead of trying to cram it into my mailbox and moving on....

That's what I thought.

I've ordered lots of discs from many different sources, including rdg, and I've never had damage due to the USPS.

Luckily they only have the option of leaving them on my front porch.

Unfortunately, if the USPS person wants that package to fit into the mailbox, "DO NOT BEND" or a cardboard backer is not going to stop it.

On a personal level, I am very lucky as any package I order of discs to my own home my USPS carrier will deliver it right to my door instead of trying to cram it into my mailbox and moving on....

This. I'm VERY lucky, my carrier is a golfer. :D

Our mailboxes are those community ones that have about 15 slots in them. Two or three discs in a package fits just fine in them (thankfully).

We have some 1 disc ones we use in the mix of our shipping. The problem becomes a balance of 'protection' and cost. We can use trotter box 2 disc mailers, but the cost of the package adds another 50cents to $1.00. While it seems small, in the disc golf world of disc sales, that is actually a decent increase in cost, and we don't want to have to increase costs to you guys. USPS recently bumped up the cost to ship 2 discs by almost a dollar... so that plus another cost in materials... while we ship a lot, we do not ship like DD or one of them (yet....). While there is an issue here and there (which we always resolve), at this time it seems best to just fix the problem a lazy USPS worker creates than have to increase costs across the board.

We of course will monitor it and always look to make receiving our products the best experience possible. Thanks to everyone for the continuous support of the FACTION

Thanks for the confirmation! That makes sense. You guys certainly do have good customer service.

Just wanted to give you guys a preview of a new addition to the faction lineup coming soon. The Ozone Hyperion speed 11 Driver. The disc was designed as a straight to slightly understable driver but we are waiting for our production testers to nail down final flight numbers. These pics were sent from manufacturing and protos should arrive in the next week or so. The first batch of protos came in around 165 grams. We are considering running a lighter batch like this so discs will range 163 -169 or we may tweak the injection parameters or plastic to get them more towards max weight. Let us know your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_20170218_100707_342.jpg
    IMG_20170218_100707_342.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20170217_231457_782.jpg
    IMG_20170217_231457_782.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
So pumped for the Hyperion.
I don't often carry a distance driver and when I do, its usually some capable of max D or tailwind drives (Tern)

This disc will instantly become my big gun driver.
I love hyzer flip smashes and after looking at the CAD files and shape models, the Hyperion looks like a classic straight to slightly US work horse.

One step closer to all Faction!

So pumped for the Hyperion.
I don't often carry a distance driver and when I do, its usually some capable of max D or tailwind drives (Tern)

This disc will instantly become my big gun driver.
I love hyzer flip smashes and after looking at the CAD files and shape models, the Hyperion looks like a classic straight to slightly US work horse.

One step closer to all Faction!

How did I know you were going to say that, lol

How did I know you were going to say that, lol

What!?

Ask anyone who plays with me, I don't bag distance discs.
Without sounding tooooo self confident, I can usually push Tyrants and Ptero out to 350-375 so I don't usually need more D on a golf line.

That said.... I love smashing distance discs!
Should be a fun driver.
And if the Andro and Tyrant are your first two disc shapes, I'd say Steve has an EXCELLENT handle on aerodynamics and flight protection.

Just wanted to give you guys a preview of a new addition to the faction lineup coming soon. The Ozone Hyperion speed 11 Driver. The disc was designed as a straight to slightly understable driver but we are waiting for our production testers to nail down final flight numbers. These pics were sent from manufacturing and protos should arrive in the next week or so. The first batch of protos came in around 165 grams. We are considering running a lighter batch like this so discs will range 163 -169 or we may tweak the injection parameters or plastic to get them more towards max weight. Let us know your thoughts.

I'd be in for a tester as well! I'll keep an eye out and as soon as you all put them up for sale, let us know in here.

That's real purty. If it feels like the Andro C I have, count me in. I'm a definite fan of that plastic. Can't wait to check this out.

I'll test if the window is still open. Haven't tried any of Ozone's plastic yet.

Interesting^

I've been throwing around the Terra Firma Lithium and it's a nice US midrange. I have a Hydra to test as well.

Were going to have a few Hyperion testers to give away we are just waiting for them to come in. Shoot us a message at [email protected] letting us know your interested and we'll pick 2 or 3 people at random.

Put in my order for 2 lizards yesterday, almost forgot to put up a brag post. Then I realize I really need to settle on a putter. My practice pile contains wizards, scales, serpent, challengers, and an ion.

Put in my order for 2 lizards yesterday, almost forgot to put up a brag post. Then I realize I really need to settle on a putter. My practice pile contains wizards, scales, serpent, challengers, and an ion.

I flip-flop on Scales and Serpents for putting-putters, but always have both in my bag. Then an Armor Scale for driving and a Discmania S-P2 for longer putter drives where I need a little more glide. Still, when I grab the practice basket and putt, it's always a stack of Scales.

Latest posts