• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Gear Stool

These have been around forever. Haven't you seen them at your local courses?

I'll bet 90% of players in big tournies have a stool very similar to the one you posted.

i bought my stool at christmas time for $11.00 at Dicks sporting goods. It was in the hunting area

Yeah at DN we all have the camptime stool via huklab, and the crew's first impression was that this is nicer than the camptime. The aluminum is reinforced with dowels, but it's still light. I can't be the only understable golfer who's bent my camptime on a tree :) There's a strap on the seat that picks up/folds the chair, which is legit useful. I guess it's overall more heavy-duty, less squat-down than the camptime. Time will tell how they wear, and I haven't rage-clubbed anything with one yet. The height of it seems unique; maybe I've just never shopped tall stools.

It's a freakin chair. So,.

any sporting goods store seems to have them cheap. recently picked one up for $7 at bass pro shops. i'll get the 'name brand' stuff when i see the qualilty difference, but with these stools it doesn't seem worth it to spend too much.

i bought my stool at christmas time for $11.00 at Dicks sporting goods. It was in the hunting area

This. Bought it for DG but right now I haven't been getting to courses that really require a stool.:( Been using it in my workshop and sitting in it everyday. Holding up really well and everyone that stops by has to sit on it.:\

Whoaz! ZJ has corrected me on the dowels; apparently no dowels. I may have heard "vowels", it was a busy day. Description from Fade doesn't say dowels, now that I look.

Would we waste two perfectly good chairs filming a Valentine's Smash-Off? And would that film have anything to do with disc golf chairs? And what? No, Yes, Correct.

there is a big difference between the cheaper outdoors store stools and the camp time stools.... construction and comfort. also there are two sizes of camp time. the huck labs are the largest variety and have the most surface area on the seat. pretty important to know if you are a big guy like me.

I've raged out on a few stools in my day. They usually aren't usable after my domination rage.

The legs seem higher quality than camp-time. It's sits nicer than my camp-time. The seat is wide and doesn't sink in much. And the seat has a strap on it that makes it easy to pick up and auto-fold(this is new to any DG stool I've seen)

If you want a top end stool, you will buy one eventually

If not, move on and buy a $5 one

I didn't hold a huklab up to the Fade, but the Fade seemed gigantic. I'll snap a side-by-side with a huk tomorrow. The most distinctive thing about the Fade is that it's huge; but proportionately in the photo, it looks normal as hell.

And I wouldn't be surprised if GGGT carries these in addition to camptime soon, as they just came out. More of a disparate size thing, and it seems like the price is justified. But Fade's photo I used for the item doesn't show it / I'll probably shoot our own product photo tomorrow with a camptime size comparison.

These have been around forever. Haven't you seen them at your local courses?

I'll bet 90% of players in big tournies have a stool very similar to the one you posted.
I own a camptime stool, this is made by Fade gear(the bag and strap manufacturer) and
not by a camping/backpacking furniture company. Thanks though :)

Where are you buying camptime stools for $20-25? The going rate I've seen for these is about $30-35. This price seems to be on par with the others.

I bought mine from DD for $20 last year.

I've "rage-clubbed" quite a few times with my regular camptime stool with not even a little dent in any of the legs.
I've seen a friend miss a 15 foot putt that ended up costing him 1st place and $180 rage on his stool. It was no longer useable after that. I agree with zam, your rage sucks.