• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Weathergradaud Backpack Straps

Eric O said:
It's obvious most people that design and build golf bags don't spend a lot of time playing in the rain. Problem is they don't have elastic shocks and the rain cover itself looks cumbersome and awkward.

Hi, Eric.

Thanks for the comments.

I have played in plenty of rain, and it is, I agree, just plain miserable. I looked at a rainfly for our bags, but could not find a design that worked well. Plus, it puts added weight on every bag, regardless where you might play 300 days of the year. Plus, every time I come up with a new bag, I have to incorporate a new rainfly design into it. Just not a good design problem to work out.

When I started looking at other options, the straps came to mind. Yes, it adds weigh to the straps, but one design will now work on nearly every bag, and not just FADE Gear bags. Plus, the rainfly can be easily removed and left behind if not needed.

As for the straps, we have a replaceable elastic portion on all of our straps, so your comment on that needs correcting. Should the elastic ever wear out, the straps are not trash. Just replace the connecting strap in the buckle and you are as good as new. The quad shock concept is not new. It has been used for many years on many things such as shock absorbers for engine mounts to shoulder harnesses for ball golf bags. My babies had a chair that would hang from a door frame on 4 elastic cords that did exactly the same thing. The darn thing would bounce for the longest time producing smiles from frowns.

So, if the FADE Gear WeatherGuard Suspender System is not for you, I am certain you will find something you like better. For now, we like the new system and will continue to develop more products for Disc Golfers. We test our products with Disc Golfers. We take their feedback very seriously. I play all the time, but I can't often see the forest for the trees so I reply on honest feedback from others just like you!

Best regards,
Fademan

Hey fademan,
I love the look of this new rain fly, but am still getting great use out of my Quads. So, I'm not looking to buy new straps, but would gladly attach a FADE rain fly to my Quads. I can see the reason to market these as a unit, but can't help think you'll move more making a version that integrates with existing straps as well as the FADE straps. mho
'J'

Gotta agree with J-Man. I just got my quads this summer, so they're going to be around for a few years. I like that your straps are serviceable, so when I'm looking to buy new ones, if yours have held up they're probably the ones I'm going to buy... In the meantime however, you guys could make a good chunk of your development and production costs back by selling the rain doohickey on it's own.

On a side note, I love that Firefox's spell-checker knows the word doohickey.