• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fall 2012: Portland, OREGON...Horning's Hideout, Pier Park, Milo McIver

pablo.diablo

Eagle Member
Hey folks, I'm currently residing in Austin, TX and next fall (I know it's early) my fiancee and I will be going on our honeymoon trip to Portland to check out some serious DG courses, breweries/pubs, restaurants, and to partake in other fun times.

I'd like to know if there is anybody I can make contact with to possibly be a course guide on some of these adventures? I will make it worth your while to do so (pay for gas, get you some grub/beer, etc). Plus we're both super laid-back and friendly. And my wifey is really good-lookin', haha. Although she may not go to all the DG courses, and go to a Spa or somethin' instead, who knows.

Also any recommendations would be great as far as local joints that aren't all high-falootin' and touristy. We don't care about that. I just care about badass beer and food. Someone has already mentioned Lucky Labrador's & McMenamin's?

Mainly, speaking for myself, I want to experience some 4.0-5.0 star disc golf and definitely want to go to Horning's, Milo, and Pier. Also I want to bring some top notch brews back to Texas with me. And while I'm there we may as well check out some of Humboldt's Finest. That's important, too!

Anybody that lives around there and would like to give a couple of lucky Texans the grand tour of your area, please shoot me a PM and I'll get you my phone number. We have plenty of time to discuss this opportunity, but the sooner I find out what we'll be getting into, the quicker I can starting saving the appropriate funds...

Oh, finally I need some recommendations for a cool private cabin or something like that we can stay in. Don't want a fancy Hotel but don't want to camp out and sleep in a tent or on the ground. We would like to be comfortable and have privacy, without breaking the bank. If anybody has a nice private garage apartment or anything we could rent for 5 days or so that would be an option as well.

THANKS!!!

This could be an opportunity to make a comrade and I will return the favor if you would like to schedule a trip to Austin, TX to check out one of our many fine courses!

Hornings

Ok.... that is a lot of things there.... I will gladly show you around Horning's. It is a place kinda close to me....

Beer....
This the land of the Micro... HUB, Cascade Brewing, Widmer, and many more....

McMenamin's... I would stop by and do a brew and a movie one night while you are here....

What time you talking fall. there are festivals that can close Horning's for a weekend till the end of Aug.

Hippy007

excellent! i'm talking about after labor day sometime. i work with a fella from portland and he said the best time to go is around then because a lot of tourists/RV's have cleared out and the weather is really nice. i would be most grateful for a tour of horning's from ya!

sweet

Good time of year and you should be good on no fests that time of year at Horning's.

Must plays in the Portland Metro are Horning's, Stub, Pier, Trojan, Dabney, Milo, Timber and a few others. Who know what will added by then.

Hippy007

Well if you want to check out Humboldts finest you hit up me (wow that sounds realy conceded). If your making your way through I'm allways happy to show around golfers from out of town. And even though I tend to not be a big fan of Texas, I'll still give you a great tour of Humboldt and all It's glory. And I'm sure there's more than a few golfers on here that will back that up.

Latest posts