• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Farewell Trak/Ascent?

Why do you think the Ascent/Trak are out-of-production?

• Total voters

TrustYourRubber

Eagle Member
"I will not say 'do not cry' because not all tears are an evil." -J.R.R. Tolkien

With the launch of the Notch/Arch, the Ascent/Trak have been rumored to be going O.O.P. (out-of-production)... I can neither confirm/deny these rumors any longer.

If it is true, I have to believe that better things are ahead than any Vibram Disc Golf leaves behind. Having said that, rubber heads will need a thread for the group therapy that will be necessary if the rumors are indeed true.

Feel free to comment your favorite memories of the Trak/Ascent, as well as any information about the future of these two exemplary molds, if any.

If nothing else, the Trak/Ascent will be collector's items for years to come. :popcorn:

Seems stupid, but I guess the didn't sell? Now I understand why they weren't available for this year's Birdie Bash.

I didn't like the Trak, but I had a cool American Flag looking Ascent that I threw for almost a year. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Gave it to a friend who promptly laser beamed it about 350 feet. His gain, my loss, I suppose!

Now I understand why they weren't available for this year's Birdie Bash.
^this^

If the Valley, Arch and Notch fill the roles they're rumored to fill, then I'm cool with it. I have an Ascent which I love, is very Teebird-like. My other Ascent and Traks?...as much of a Vibram whore as I am, they're just okay.

Too bad - I liked both discs. Probably gonna skip the birdie bash this time because the Lace is too wide a rim for me.

Yeah, never really liked the Trak. I really wanted to, but my teebirds and TL's take care of my fairway and wooded driver slot!

I never got a hang of the Ascent, but I bag a Trak. It has a nice predictable release for me and I can shape some decent s-lines with it. It took some work to get used to it but once I saw another user make it dance for him off the tee, I realized its potential and put in the time. I'll miss it when it goes away.

I never really clicked with the Ascent, but have almost always bagged at least one Trak since I first tried them. When I heard the news, I stocked up. While I look forward to the new discs, I am still hanging onto my Traks. What can I say, I get stuck in ruts. I finally took my P-38's out of the bag about 4 years ago after 25+ years in the bag.:|

I never really clicked with the Ascent, but have almost always bagged at least one Trak since I first tried them.

Same. Trak is my go to understable fairway. Luckily I have 1 soft, 2 medium, 3 firms, and 2 glows. Should last me for quite some time. :)

I'm thinking I might pick up a soft Trak. I have a medium and a firm. I'll probably move on from the Trak/Ascent once the new fairways are out. I also have a soft, medium, and firm Ascent.

Loved both these discs! Will miss them once they're gone! Happy trails!

too bad those were 2 nice molds

would still love to see vibram get into the plastic game one of these days.

Trak is a great disc, they just needed a right away flippy complement. I like the Ascent but they tinkered with the mold too much.

I don't see that either one will be missed if their new mids are improvements. I tried both, wanted to like both during my Vibram phase, and couldn't click with either. Hopefully the Notch and Arch do better.

The Arch is a great disc. A lot like a Teebird.

Hopefully a longer one. ;)

Too bad the stars didn't align for these to have been out for the 2015 Birdie Bash. I definitely would have played, but it wasn't all that appealing with putters, speed 5 and speed 13 discs.

Trak was my go-to disc. I ordered a soft today from gottagogottathrow. Holds any line I use it for... forehand, backhand, and overhand.

I got a Trak in the pile that goes straight forever. I was testing it one day and was very impressed. I can't use it around leaves due to the color, but that thing will flat out fly.