• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Faster? Nuke or Boss

Nukes by far, i like both, but i throw my Z nukes for max D when theres no wind and my champ boss for max D with alot of wind. Nukes are ALOT faster.

They are about the same speed. I could go on and on about the differences in all the different plastics but for this comparison ill stick to the most popular versions of both these discs, Champ and Z. The differences in the discs are their amount of glide and amount HSS. A stock Z Nuke has a little more glide and more HSS where as a Champ Boss has less glide and a little less HSS. Their rim sizes are almost identical with the Nuke having a slightly deeper lip. At the end of the day the Nuke is a longer Surge and the Boss is a longer Wraith.

This is total opinion on my part but I always felt the Boss to have more LSS than the wraith or destroyer.

The Nuke's HSS is really nice. But I wish it had the LSS to fight a bit more out of turns.

I can't say that one is faster than the other, but they do have different flight patterns like mentioned above. You should also look at the boss, is it a 13/5/0/3 or 13/5/-1/3. I have a Feldberg Champ 13/5/-1/3 that is my main forehand disc and is pretty consistant. But I have notice it beginning to get squirrelly when I try to get just a little more into it. BTW, I do bh the Nuke probably 30-50' further than said boss.

I'd say the Nuke is faster but they seem to go about the same distance. If I got room to work I go with the Boss because I get slightly more distance out of it. But if I need to go with a tighter throw it's the Nuke every time. Love em both

Same speed, and I've never thrown a champ boss that has less HSS than a Nuke, and vice versa.

The only warp speed driver I've seen seriously eclipse either in terms of speed is a Rampage. I'd wager it's the only true Speed 14 driver out there.

Same speed, and I've never thrown a champ boss that has less HSS than a Nuke, and vice versa.

The only warp speed driver I've seen seriously eclipse either in terms of speed is a Rampage. I'd wager it's the only true Speed 14 driver out there.

True dat, the Rampage is truly the fastest disc out there.

Latest posts