• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Approach/Upshot Disc?

I use the over-stable Pro-D Challenger mold from anything less than about 250', and I also putt with it now (but only after losing my favorite Wizard putter). 250-300' I use a Crystal Z Buzzz mostly, if the shot allows.

Ive been using an XD i found on a course lately for straight shots. Other than that I have to go with the reliable wizard and maybe throw the ion at a few.

Depending on the conditions
tightly wooded - Star Aviar
slightly to wide open - Star Mako

Mako basically is a long putter anyhow.

Gator is first choice, but I need some space to work with. Buzzz if I have to go straight at it, Shark for anything tricky.

depending on wind, either my dx birdie or star aero. if there are some trees to get around, I'll work a champ coyote.

I use my Zone for all approaches 200ft down to around 125ft. From there and in I putt. Of course wind does affect my choice of discs. If it gets windier I might approach with a driver. 98% of my approaches are sidearm because they feel much more accurate.