• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Drivers

1. 175 Star Wraith
2. 168 Star Beast
3. 172 Dx Leopard

I've also got a 175 Dx Wraith, I want to "Break In" and make it a flip disc.

My all time favorite driver is the Boss. I own 4 in four different plastics and they all fly differently. First, the 160 R-Pro Boss is my turnover, hyzer flip, straight driver in the woods where I need to be accurate. Second, the 168 Pro Boss is very straight flight with a nice fade at the end. Third is the 173 Champion Boss which I use for big hyzers. Last is the 167 Star Boss, it is overstable but because of the low weight I can throw it with a lot of snap to make it go straight then finish hard to the left to get around the trees.

for me if i need just straight up distance like 400+ it is my 162 R-Pro boss on a hyzer flip

otherwise for control and different amounts of fade it is one of my Wraiths 171 or 175 Destroyers both 175 currently, or an Assasin on a more controlled hyzer flip at 170 currently might put the 174 in the bag for a while though

Z Force, ESP Surge, and Champ TeeBird (all in the 168-170 range) are what gets me through 18 (or 24).

172 TeeBird out to about 350 for straight or hyzer and tight S
167 Valk out to 420 if I have the room to let it do it's work and for hyzer flips
171 SL for S shot and windy hyzers
150 flick for 400+ hyzers

I'll also throw my XS and Leopard for beeline hyzer flips or turnovers

the ESP Crush is prolly the best driver on the market, i throw my force and my crush about the same ammount in an adverage round

I use a DX Wraith as my longest disc. Right behind that I have a Star Wraith, and Surge SS that both give me a really nice S turn. I have a Pro Starfire that goes almost dead straight, so I use it tight fairways.

I use a Z Stalker as my fairway driver, and it works great.

I use a DX Wraith as my longest disc. Right behind that I have a Star Wraith, and Surge SS that both give me a really nice S turn. I have a Pro Starfire that goes almost dead straight, so I use it tight fairways.

I use a Z Stalker as my fairway driver, and it works great.

That an unmarked Pro Starfire? My Pro Starfire used to have a SWEET S curve, the best I could ever do...it took a funky path to get where it was going...but if I could get it to work...wow. Just Wow.

Right now I'm not using that disc...partially because of the cold. But also because I need to work on other types of shots before I go back to that one. near the end I started turning that disc over too much, my fault I know, but I don't blame the disc, and it will be back in my bag one day.

I'm working on a full driver makeover right now, we'll see what comes of it.

I'm really liking my Z Talon I just got, and I've just got a Predator as well.

I like this thread because it's CRAZY OLD. Timg should get back in here so we can see how his drivers have evolved over the last 2 years!

\/\/

After trying a bunch, I'm using a Viper, Gazelle, Teebird, Eagle-X, Predator, and Valkyrie. That's it. My faster stuff is in a box, awaiting the arrival of a better snap...

I keep comming back to them.

Firebird
Teebird
Leopard
Defender

Thats from left to right, and furthest to shortest. There are others, like my Archangel is actually the furthest I have but not really on of my favorites. Some others will get some more tries when it gets warmer, but no point right now; just happy when I can get out.

I have a weak arm. I can get it out to 300+, but not with much accuracy.
250'-275' I can do.
My favorite control/fairway driver of the moment is a 169g Star Sidewinder. I get a subtle, smooth helix.
If there is a little wind, I use a a more-stable-than-it-should-be 175g ESP AvengerSS.
My max D driver is a less-overstable-than-it-should-be 171g ESP Crush
My wind driver is a175g Z Avenger.

Latest posts