• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorited courses

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I use this as another component in determining courses to play, but I notice several members do not list any courses in the favorited category.
Why is that ?

you would have to ask them. it is just another tool that some people dont use, like the scorebook. i think that the other course options are more useful. i know what my favorite courses are why should i need to mark them that way?

I guess I'm just puzzled why someone would take the time to write detailed reviews and rate several courses, but would stop short of hitting the favorited button, if this is about sharing our opinions.

I guess I'm just puzzled why someone would take the time to write detailed reviews and rate several courses, but would stop short of hitting the favorited button, if this is about sharing our opinions.

I write a lot of reviews about courses I wouldn't select as a favorite. I only use the favorite for courses I love, but I agree it is under utilized.

you would have to ask them. it is just another tool that some people dont use, like the scorebook. i think that the other course options are more useful. i know what my favorite courses are why should i need to mark them that way?

You don't like using the scorebook? I think it's the blessing I had dreamed for years before the site came out! I hated keeping my score in a stupid notebook, and would you believe that notebook got thrown in the trash when I was cleaning out my car literally like a month before I started using this site? :mad:

The scorebook is a great feature. I just started logging all my rounds this year, and the advanced stats is really helping me to see what holes are giving me the most trouble. Just one of many great sites. I use the favorites feature, I have 3 courses in there now!

I've never used it. I really didn't know people cared about my favorite courses :p
I just review all of the ones I love and the score I give reflects my 'favorites'

I write a lot of reviews about courses I wouldn't select as a favorite. I only use the favorite for courses I love, but I agree it is under utilized.

You don't like using the scorebook? I think it's the blessing I had dreamed for years before the site came out! I hated keeping my score in a stupid notebook, and would you believe that notebook got thrown in the trash when I was cleaning out my car literally like a month before I started using this site? :mad:

i love the scorebook and use it whenever i play a round. i was saying some people dont use it.:p

The scorebook is a great feature. I just started logging all my rounds this year, and the advanced stats is really helping me to see what holes are giving me the most trouble. Just one of many great sites. I use the favorites feature, I have 3 courses in there now!

How do you start that? I would like to do that.

The Favorited Courses feature is like another bell and whistle. Some people use it and some don't. I kind of like it as I have twenty courses on it, out of the 100 or so I've played. Kind of my personal "best of" list, even when they're courses I wouldn't give four, much less five, discs to.

ive played 10 and have two favorited, i think if i go back repeatedly or am super excited to go back then its a favorite course.

Assuming a person has reviewed their favorite courses, would it make sense to assume that their favorites are their top rated courses?

For those with reviews you can just click on the rating title and order in the way they ranked them.

If a person has not done a review, I guess favoriting a course is a way to give a shout out to a course without having done a review.

Latest posts