• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FB auctions vs. DGCR Marketplace- When selling just a few discs

zrxchris

Birdie Member
When you're not a collector, just selling 5-10 discs/year to replenish your new disc fund, which do you prefer? The Marketplace or these new FB auction sites?

Here's what I have found, good and bad...interested to hear what other casual sellers like me think. I sell mostly used a few new here and there.

DGCR - not everything seems to sell, pricing is good and the margin is better to he able to have a list price then the option to add shipping cost. Can be time consuming to update costs to move discs. Great to have feedback auction, not many lost sales.

FB - not all groups have $3/minimum. Example I sold 2 8/10 DX Teebirds and after shipping made $1.80. I thought it at Least get $8-10 for the two.
Have had one guy back out, but the FB groups do a good job enforcing the rules.
Rules can make it time consuming to track, nice 24hr end after last bid seems to work well. Not sure how close items sell to real value, good new throwers really seem to vary for 7/10 - 9/10 items.

What do you all think?

Bought and sold on FB. The problem is you were selling dx plastic. Used they are not worth much. When I sell champion or star plastic I get a reasonable price.

I've never sold any discs from this site, just traded.
Bought quite a few from the site.
I don't have paypal (previous ID theft) so I have to pay with a money order to those who will accept it.
I do sell discs from the back of the vehicle occasionally.
And I do not do FB.

Latest posts