• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 and Teebird

EagleWings

Par Member
These discs have vary similar flight numbers. How do they compare from your experience?

Posted already in another thread but I'll do it here as well.

Since the FD2 is a little bit slower it is more predictable but in the same time a bit shorter. Stability is pretty much the same. Biggest difference is the feel in the hand - for me at least. I do like both discs but the feel and the added predictability makes the FD2 a better option for me.

I get similar distances and flights out of my Champ Teebird and C-Line FD2. I prefer the shape and feel of the FD2 a bit more than the Teebird, but both are great.

When thrown powered down the FD2 has a nice fade and when thrown at full power you can get a very straight shot much like a champion Teebird. I would say although the teebird flies a little farther I found the fd2 to be a lot straighter which is what I needed. I am able to keep a much lower shot with my FD2 than I ever was able to with a teebird. When thrown in the wind the it holds up well and doesn't seem to "dance" as much. The FD2 can really be nice a nice bridge between your mid ranges and speed 9+ drivers.

In short the FD2 is more stable and has less glide in my opinion. I think both discs could live harmoniously in the bag.

I was throwing these both side by side today and I still find them quite similar. The FD2 is just a little bit less glidey with a harder dump at the end. The both land within 10 feet of each other though.