• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fenrirs Bag: coming back to the game

Fenrir

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: started around 2009 but took around 5 years off just getting back to it
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH, and some RHFH(poorly)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver
Aviar driver: 250/265
Roc: 285/310
Eagle X: 300/325
PD: 340/370
* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: tight hips/poor mobility from powerlifting
Other sport proficiencies?: Lifting, ball golf, fairly athletic
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Keeping it simple is key for me
Specific areas of desired feedback: since I've been out of it for so long is there any discs that could complement what I already have
Immediate and long-term goals: Get a better power control, it seems like I'm full blast or nothing, long term I guess everyone can use more power

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
167 P line PD, (8/10) - most OS of long drivers
167 S line PD (6/10) - workable and longest of drivers still fights back at end
170 serius OLS (7/10) - US driver until I beat in a PD

Fairway
170 DX eagle x , (4/10) - US flip up and turnover drives, awkward stance shots that need more go
172 DX eagle x, (9/10) - flip up drives that still have some fade
171 star eagle x (9/10) - straight but workable with good fade
171 champ eagle x (9/10) Most OS of the eagles

Mids:
177ish DX glow roc (8/10) - OS roc stuff
178ish flat top DX roc (7/10) workhorse mid, straight with glide for days
179ish DX roc (5/10) some flip up shots, trying to beat in to anny disc
179ish x comet (8/10) - hyzer flips, annys, in bag until a roc gets beat in to fill spot

Stack of rocs waiting to get cycled in

Putters:
17x Base plastic(I can't think of what it's called) first run jokari (8/10) OS hog, FH and BH shots that need to drop like a brick
175ish star Aviar driver (9/10) putter drives and upshots pretty straight with slight fade at end
173ish firm(not sure on plastic, it's grippy) wizard (7/10) drives, upshots and putts into wind
2x 171 omega supersoft (8/10) putting putters, just put these in and had some great putts with weather still not being to warm (may need to change to something a bit more firm in summer heat)

I feel like I'm missing a true OS slot for
Driver- thinking C line PD
Fairway - maybe max weight eagle x although open to added mold
Mid - I love the way a roc sits in hand but I'm not sure if I need something more OS for windy days

Putters are completely up for grabs I'm open to going to more wizards and dropping aviar but with all the options it's insanely hard to know what to get

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: started around 2009 but took around 5 years off just getting back to it
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH, and some RHFH(poorly)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver
Aviar driver: 250/265
Roc: 285/310
Eagle X: 300/325
PD: 340/370
* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: tight hips/poor mobility from powerlifting
Other sport proficiencies?: Lifting, ball golf, fairly athletic
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Keeping it simple is key for me
Specific areas of desired feedback: since I've been out of it for so long is there any discs that could complement what I already have
Immediate and long-term goals: Get a better power control, it seems like I'm full blast or nothing, long term I guess everyone can use more power

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
167 P line PD, (8/10) - most OS of long drivers
167 S line PD (6/10) - workable and longest of drivers still fights back at end
170 serius OLS (7/10) - US driver until I beat in a PD

Fairway
170 DX eagle x , (4/10) - US flip up and turnover drives, awkward stance shots that need more go
172 DX eagle x, (9/10) - flip up drives that still have some fade
171 star eagle x (9/10) - straight but workable with good fade
171 champ eagle x (9/10) Most OS of the eagles

Mids:
177ish DX glow roc (8/10) - OS roc stuff
178ish flat top DX roc (7/10) workhorse mid, straight with glide for days
179ish DX roc (5/10) some flip up shots, trying to beat in to anny disc
179ish x comet (8/10) - hyzer flips, annys, in bag until a roc gets beat in to fill spot

Stack of rocs waiting to get cycled in

Putters:
17x Base plastic(I can't think of what it's called) first run jokari (8/10) OS hog, FH and BH shots that need to drop like a brick
175ish star Aviar driver (9/10) putter drives and upshots pretty straight with slight fade at end
173ish firm(not sure on plastic, it's grippy) wizard (7/10) drives, upshots and putts into wind
2x 171 omega supersoft (8/10) putting putters, just put these in and had some great putts with weather still not being to warm (may need to change to something a bit more firm in summer heat)

I feel like I'm missing a true OS slot for
Driver- thinking C line PD
Fairway - maybe max weight eagle x although open to added mold
Mid - I love the way a roc sits in hand but I'm not sure if I need something more OS for windy days

Putters are completely up for grabs I'm open to going to more wizards and dropping aviar but with all the options it's insanely hard to know what to get

If you like Omega Super soft, try the regular version for summer the company makes. You like how the Omega works and I agree as the Omega is more the classic Grid Aviar Nose and top with the wing style of the P&A mold.

If you like Omega Super soft, try the regular version for summer the company makes. You like how the Omega works and I agree as the Omega is more the classic Grid Aviar Nose and top with the wing style of the P&A mold.

I like it but how is the feel on the regular version? Grippy or stiffer? I'm a big fan of putters being in the grippy side for sure

I like it but how is the feel on the regular version? Grippy or stiffer? I'm a big fan of putters being in the grippy side for sure

Not Sure but if they have a base plastic that is like not super stiff modern DX, then it will most likely be similar with the way the disc has a slight wax to the disc in a grip kind of way. The older DX gets very slick over time, the new stuff not really and tends to work best for putting. If the baseline is Stiff like XT then it will not be as good a plastic but most likely with the wax that once wax is off, disc will be slick like the old DX, more like the old after mid 2005-2006 DX in terms of plastic but not the full modern DX plastic that started around 2009.

Not Sure but if they have a base plastic that is like not super stiff modern DX, then it will most likely be similar with the way the disc has a slight wax to the disc in a grip kind of way. The older DX gets very slick over time, the new stuff not really and tends to work best for putting. If the baseline is Stiff like XT then it will not be as good a plastic but most likely with the wax that once wax is off, disc will be slick like the old DX, more like the old after mid 2005-2006 DX in terms of plastic but not the full modern DX plastic that started around 2009.

I love DX for throwing but I'm not sure if it's what I want for putting, so maybe I move my search to wizards although that prob has just as much guessing with feel/plastic type

Switched putting putters to a pair of challengers at 171 for this last round as it was getting to warm for the supersofts to feel good, also planing on discing down to eagles as fastest discs with exception of either
Z predator 169
Champ FB 16x
for that overstable slot that needs to move left