• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Fill three 7 speed slots with Innova only, what do you choose to be well-rounded?

Lots of OLFs and JLSs.

Not to spoil a good windmill chase, but is there a reason you're only looking for Innova stuff?

My most understable JLS is a Frost River right now, which is cheating but Frost plastic wont change flight, which is as "predictable" as I can get from an US disc so its staying.

innova only still leaves some options. Assuming we are looking to fill roles with just 7 speeds (IE not what 7 speeds I would want to compliment a bag with a Firebird and/or Tunderbird)

Champ Banshee for utility and cutting wind better than an Eagle-X. These can be ripped on or put on a touch of angle to cover OS Eagle/Teebird stuff too.

Color Glow teebird. I have bagged teebirds on and off for 18 years and my broken in CG is probably my favorite ever. Sneaky long, can shape some shots and capable of some really straight stuff.

Star Leopard3. FDs are great and all, but I prefer the leo3 as a compliment to the teebird more. Versatile on the flippy side powers down beautifully.

I have heard good things about the IT but I haven't throw one much less really tested one so I cannot help there. Also it has a dumb name.

(Any manufacturer/era dream 7 speed line up: RDG Tyrant, broken in CG Teebird, Pearly Z XL.)

Right now, it's Teebird, Eagle and I'm trying out one of those Its even though I'm not a fan of understable discs.

It's decent although I still would probably throw a Leopard or a Leopard3 over the It.

For 7 speed, if you were going to fill 3 slots only that generally fall into OS / Stable, Straight, and US, what would you bag?

So far I'm planning to do this so that it's easier to replace these slots with something out of the box instead of having to wait for something to beat in or find some rare run:
Champion plastic so it retains flight characteristics longer.

1. Champion Eagle b/c I don't need this slot to be straight since #2 fulfills that.
2. Champion Hawkeye, I haven't tried the TL but seems like the Hawkeye is sort of a newer version?
3. Champion IT because the Leopard3 isn't that flippy out of the box for a while even in Star and I don't want to go to G star or something that will beat in even faster and become too US too soon.

For example, if I want to throw a hyzer flip, I don't need a flippy / beat in Eagle or Teebird, I'll use the Hawkeye or IT depending on how much flip I want, etc.
I think I would cheat some 8 speeds in if that's allowed? TeeBird3, TL3 to me are no harder to throw. Love 8 speeds. They feel unfair.

Stable: C Blend Gummy Centurion
US: D Blend or beat in I Blend Centurion

* The Infinite Centurion uses the Leopard 3 mold I believe, but Infinite puts it out in better plastics IMO

Fluid River - Very US
M-JLS - US
M-JLS - less US
QL-JLS - Stable-ish
Q-Vela - Stable

I wouldnt mind carrying Tridents again, but I dont really carry an OS 7 speed so speed 9 OLF, Thundy, or Draco gets used depending on how much beef is needed.

Currently bagging the Eagles as my only slow speed fairway. I feel like I can cover nearly every shot with this setup.

Most overstable to least:
Halo Eagle
Quantum Vela
Star Eagle
Gstar Eagle (mainly for winter)
I Blend Exodus (Eagle L mold)
Dx Eagle (starts off straight but gets downright flippy after a couple weeks of constant play.)

My fairway line up is Teebird, Eagle L and G-Star Leopard3 (replaced an old PFN Pro Leopard).

The Leopard3 is surprisingly working well as a replacement.

If I had to swap for something more readily available than an Eagle L, I would go with a low 160's Star Eagle X (flat if possible).

A Hawkeye/FD could work as well, but it would need to be on the flatter side.

JLS in Sirius would be a potential option as well.

im breakin the rules i dont bag speed 7

but for speed 9 i do champ sw and g starr sw and a beat gstarr sw

all shots covered

to disc up would be all wraiths

to disc down would be wasps

star leopard
champ teebird
champ eagle

i'm a simple man and a fan of the classics...

7 speed is obviously a strong point in innova lineup. I usually have 3 or 4 depending on wind and course. The IT is the only actually understable innova 7 driver to me, so of I had to cover the most I would use that, leopard3 for straight and the most OS eagle or tb I could find.

However my bag is all innova mfr. So I actually use an IT or a leopard1, beat up qjls, beat up and new eagle and EXPX.

Latest posts