• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally an Ace!!!

Thanks for all the posts. As far as retiring the disc, I don't think I can take it out of my bag. I rely on it way too much. Its beaten in perfectly and seems to follow directions better than most my other discs :). I marked the momentous occasion on the back in addition to having my name/number. I returned a Beast to a dude last summer that he had marked as his first ace disc--perhaps good karma will guide it back to me should I ever lose it. Funny that someone mentioned Preston Miller as a more likely spot to get a first ace in the BG area. I would wholeheartedly agree. I have had more close calls on holes 9-11 than just about anywhere else.

Question: is it so wrong to be greedy about wanting even more? I shamefully admit that I don't want to just bottle that feeling, I want to soak in a hot tub filled with it!

I didn't retire my only ace disc either. It still works great for me, but I am very, very cautious about when and where I throw it. I would definitely hate to lose it.

I have never retired an ace disc. Some I have thrown to the point of no return and they are in a box somewhere... or, I lost them.

I am not emotionally attached to plastic but I understand why folks would want to keep them.
That just ain't me.

I agree. I would still throw a disc I get an Ace with. A good beat in disc in hard to replace.

That is my take on the matter... spending all that time to obtain sweet spot wear and then put it on a wall because it stung chains and dropped in?

42 discs on my wall? Nah, I pass... seems kinda... geeky to me. lol.
(i am kidding around)

I don't even keep all my plaques on the wall. They are in a drawer somewhere.
(almost 80 plaques from tourneys since 99)

That would just take up too much room is my longwinded point.

I agree... plastic is made to be thrown! Steady Ed said to keep one on the roof, however.

Congrats on the Ace! I rattled some chain for the first time at my home course in Paris, TN today - closest i've ever come to making an ace.