• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally, some validation!

Rhynos4life

Par Member
So I've been putting a lot of time out on the field the last 2 years and today, it really feel like it has all payed off. Johnny McCray is in town(Rapid City, SD) for our local C tier and after his clinic today, we all played a random draw doubles round. He was paired with a 970 rated opten player from ND while I was paired with a friend of mine. We were all carded together and after a very close round, my buddy and I came out on top, -12 to -10.
I realize this is doubles and I know in a singles round, McCray would slaughter either of us but it made me feel like all the hard work i've put in is really starting to pay off.
That being said, it was an honor to get a chance to play with one of the best in the world and I must say, he couldn't be a nicer guy. It was one of the best DG experiences I have ever had and I'll never forget it.

May have been dubs... still impressive.

Nice story Rhyno, thanks for sharing!
And it does sound like your field work has paid off.

I validate thee. Well played sir.

Sounds like a great experience.
It didn't read like bragging to me either...just excitement over the experience.

Even if it is bragging, unless you "Friend" is Paul Mcbeth and that's why you won it is still a great story and I imagine an even better feeling. Great shooting!

Even if it is bragging, unless you "Friend" is Paul Mcbeth and that's why you won it is still a great story and I imagine an even better feeling. Great shooting!

Haha I wish! The tournament over this weekend was another story however. I made the mistake of eating a bunch of bone in wings at BWW and I think I got a bit of food poisoning from it. So after toughing through 2 rounds with a 102 degree fever (Which I was unaware of until after I got home) and 95 degree weather, I decided I shouldn't play the final round. This was the first tournament I haven't been able to finish and it was extremely disappointing, especially because I was keeping up with McCray the 1st round but the second round I could barely hold it together (was nearing heat stroke I think). All in all, I still got to play two tournament rounds with one of the best. My doubles buddy went on to take 2nd and finished only 5 or 6 strokes behind McCray so I was super stoked for him.

Latest posts