• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

finders fee?

rdnckdisc

Birdie Member
So I built a lake rake last fall to dredge our local hole because I've lost couple disc there. Every disc I've retrieved I've tried to return to owner if it had name and number. Good friend of mine lost disc in pond before I could retrieve it another did and asked for a finders fee.... Me him and few locals think this is out of ordinary cuz we all try returning disc to owners... Question is is it ok to ask for a finders fee on a disc?

You know this subject hasn't been talked about on this website. What you want to do is throw all the discs back in the water and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Figured that be answer I remember reading.a thread.bout this but couldn't locate it working off my phone just wanted a bigger point of view from all the disc golfers out there

The question is do you want to be an awesome guy and get major props as well as universe karma goodvibes for returning peoples discs; OR DO YOU WANT TO BE A COMEPLETE DOUCHENOZZLE????

Some people will probably pay a "finders fee" many will probably tell you to shove it.

And no won't burn or throw them back In water have 2 boys and gf has 3 boys and 1 girl that will love to throw them

The way I see it is, either you want to return the disc or you don't. If you want to return it that's awesome- the guy might give you some cash, might buy you a beer, or might just say thanks. If you really want something out of it- don't call and tell the guy you found his disc, just hock it at a play it again, keep it for yourself, or try your best to wipe the ink and eBay it. Getting someone's hopes up about a favorite lost disc and realizing it's gonna cost them kind of sucks. I have been the type to buy the returner a quality 6 pack of their choice, and they have been very appreciative.

You know this subject hasn't been talked about on this website. What you want to do is throw all the discs back in the water and save yourself a lot of trouble.
Haha this! Burning them decent answer, but to much effort and you'd have to handle the rightful owners disc too long. I guess maybe burn it on the spot?

I've returned lots of discs being happy to hear just a thanks.

Every time you return a disc you got something good coming your way someday on the course, do you want that or a buck here and there that's just a piece of paper.

A guy drives his pickup truck into a lake. He is still the owner of the truck but he is gonna have to pay out the yang to get the thing back.

Ok guy drives truck in lake yes has to pay to get it out if he doesn't have friend that will pull it out..... Baby lost in store that's just flat out wrong to compare a disc to a child I can understand the truck but really thanks for helping send this thread to landfill be last time I ask question on here thought this place was good to ask questions like this but guess this isn't as much of great site as thought.... Always some smartass on here gotta ruin it and to think I could ask simple question with some simple opinions.... See more smart ass comments everyday.... Thanks for the many ppl who actually give good advice and opinions to the landfill this shall go

Hey, don't get sore man, it is just this subject has been done to death and there is no real answer that relates to everyone. Do what you want to do and don't ask permission from DGCR cause you won't get a single answer. Everyone has their opinion but there is no right answer. Sorry.

I've had people "trade" me another backup/extra for returning a disc. That's awesome of them to offer, but I've never asked for anything in return. I've only had one disc returned so I know how rare it is for people to get them back and how grateful I was to get mine back that day.

Latest posts