• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

finders fee?

Ok guy drives truck in lake yes has to pay to get it out if he doesn't have friend that will pull it out..... Baby lost in store that's just flat out wrong to compare a disc to a child I can understand the truck but really thanks for helping send this thread to landfill be last time I ask question on here thought this place was good to ask questions like this but guess this isn't as much of great site as thought.... Always some smartass on here gotta ruin it and to think I could ask simple question with some simple opinions.... See more smart ass comments everyday.... Thanks for the many ppl who actually give good advice and opinions to the landfill this shall go

I couldn't love a human baby as much as I love my discs.

One of our local courses has a deep creek and a man made lake, too deep to retrieve discs. I have resorted to using a floating driver and floating putter.

There are several d-bags who go into the water at night to pull out discs, clean off the name and number, and then put the good ones on e-bay. It is very aggravating. If I find a disc on course I will always try to return it.

I am not sure what the protocol is if someone actually dives into water to find discs, and the park has not posted a policy about going into the water. But my floaters have resolved this issue for me.

This thread was ruined the moment you clicked "Submit New Thread".

Yes

23266068.jpg

Why is this a debate? If you find a disc with a name and number on it you call or text to try and return it. No number, guy says he lives in Alaska, or doesn't want it, ok it's yours. It's quite simple. If you keep, use, sell or trade someone's disc without making any attempt to return it you're a douche.

If you found a lost child in a store, would you try to charge the parents to get him back?

Hey, that's a great business idea! :)

*goes to Walmart to make a buck*

*nobody claims children*

*freakin' Brady Bunchin' it* :\

Ive been the returner many times, never the returnee.

I've returned probably a dozen discs without getting one back, until this last week. I left a nice ESP Comet on a state park course, and got a call from a guy within about 15 minutes saying that he'd found it and turned it in at the office.

You're building up good DG Karma!!

It's a pretty douche move to ask for a finder's fee, but that's the way some people's minds work. If you really want the disc back, pay their fee. If you don't want the disc back and don't want any bad blood, just say no. If you're mad about a finder's fee, then let loose on the person.

As to whether or not you should charge a finder's fee, you certainly could, but it's probably better to be that cool guy who gets people's discs out of the pond.

I lost a disc in NY with no name and no number. The finder saw me talking about losing a disc on DGCR. He found my disc and mailed it to Maryland without asking for a dime.
So he found an abandoned disc that previously belonged to you, and gifted it to you on his own dime. That is what you call a fanboy of the prerube. He definitely didn't do it because he was obligated too. I have no issues with people who put resources into returning an abandoned disc to its previous owner, but I have a huge issue with those who think they have an indefinite right to an abandoned disc and deserve it back (not saying that's your views).

I lost a disc in NY with no name and no number. The finder saw me talking about losing a disc on DGCR. He found my disc and mailed it to Maryland without asking for a dime.

I also lost one in NY, on a road trip. It was found the next day and mailed back. Had it waiting at my apt when I got home. He never requested anything for it, but I paypal'd him the shipping fee plus $10.

I chalk it up to good karma since I always return discs and decline taking anything for doing so. I lost 10 or so last year and got all but 1 back. And that one was found and then not returned.

I've been fortunate enough to find all of the discs I've thrown, but if I couldn't find one and someone else did, I'd be very appreciative to get a call about it.

Last time I was out I found a lost disc that had a name and number on it. I called, and the owner was happy to come get his disc. I was happy to return it to him, too. Win-win, as they say.

So he found an abandoned disc that previously belonged to you, and gifted it to you on his own dime. That is what you call a fanboy of the prerube. He definitely didn't do it because he was obligated too. I have no issues with people who put resources into returning an abandoned disc to its previous owner, but I have a huge issue with those who think they have an indefinite right to an abandoned disc and deserve it back (not saying that's your views).

There is a huge difference between lost and abandoned. My favorite quote on this site is the poster who said they purposely tried to lose a 10 meter brick disc, only to have someone try to return that curse of a disc.

By all means if I lose a disc, I have every right to try and reclaim it if it is properly identified. How can you argue against that logic?