• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

finders fee?

There is a huge difference between lost and abandoned. My favorite quote on this site is the poster who said they purposely tried to lose a 10 meter brick disc, only to have someone try to return that curse of a disc.

By all means if I lose a disc, I have every right to try and reclaim it if it is properly identified. How can you argue against that logic?
Must resist...

One of our local courses has a deep creek and a man made lake, too deep to retrieve discs...

There are several d-bags who go into the water at night to pull out discs,...

If it's too deep to retrieve discs, how are these d-bags getting them?

So he found an abandoned disc that previously belonged to you, and gifted it to you on his own dime. That is what you call a fanboy of the prerube. He definitely didn't do it because he was obligated too. I have no issues with people who put resources into returning an abandoned disc to its previous owner, but I have a huge issue with those who think they have an indefinite right to an abandoned disc and deserve it back (not saying that's your views).

I did not expect the disc back and you are absolutely right that he was under no obligation to return it. I was simply stating their are good people out there that go out of their way to return discs.

I love these threads. To the OP, those guys that are not returning discs are douche canoes. You are karmically allowed to set their car on fire by lighting a bag of feces in the drivers seat of said car. However explaining to law enforcement why you are justified in committing arson will be a little bit difficult.

Don't blame DGCR for this reaction, this topic has been beaten to death, revived, beaten to death, revived again, beaten to death, revived yet again, land filled, and beaten to death with less restraint down there, and revived.

If you are doing the right thing, calling number and making reasonable attempts to return discs then you are cool. F#%k those other guys.

How about this? He sells them to a local PIAS. It has your name and number and it was sold without your knowledge. Walk in there and take it. Tell PIAS to call the police. Just because it is lost does not make it any less your property.

I would say sure I will pay then just take the disc without paying anything. If not I would call the police and inform them of stolen property.

How about this? He sells them to a local PIAS. It has your name and number and it was sold without your knowledge. Walk in there and take it. Tell PIAS to call the police. Just because it is lost does not make it any less your property.

I would say sure I will pay then just take the disc without paying anything. If not I would call the police and inform them of stolen property.

Just dropping by to say 1. The police would not care about such a petty matter and 2. You would have to prove they stole your disc and doing that would be incredibly hard

All that person has to do is say someone else sold it to me and that would be the end of it

2. You would have to prove they stole your disc and doing that would be incredibly hard

All that person has to do is say someone else sold it to me and that would be the end of it

Not really. Possessing stolen property is a crime. If your info is on it, they should really have to prove they obtained it legally.

Not really. Possessing stolen property is a crime. If your info is on it, they should really have to prove they obtained it legally.

It is not a crime unless you can prove someone knew they illegally obtained the item, which is really hard to prove. And they are not going to put forth the effort over a $10 disc.

Possessing stolen property is a crime, but there are any number of circumstances in which an item with an individual's name and/or other personal info on it can be legitimately acquired by another person: inked discs—to take an example close at hand—get sold and traded on DGCR and elsewhere all the time.

In the absence of a duly sworn police report attesting to the theft of the property, the onus rests, as it should, on the claimant to prove that the item in question was stolen.

It's May and the Lost Disc Etiquette threads pop up like dandy lions.

It would be awesome if every member who ever posted in the past concerning these matters
would take a year or two off from commenting on lost disc karma and legal advice and just be quiet.

You know...just sit back and watch the new guys work it out.

If you have never lost a disc AND you have never found a disc, then you have no right to form an opinion on the matter.

Oh wait, who the heck am I?

If it's too deep to retrieve discs, how are these d-bags getting them?

One guys goes in with scuba gear. Another goes in and feels the bottom of the creek with his feet and then dives. One lady uses a fishing pole and filtered sunglasses. I have too admit they are very resourceful, and I would pay for their time and effort if someone tried to contact me with a found disc.

It's May and the Lost Disc Etiquette threads pop up like dandy lions.

It would be awesome if every member who ever posted in the past concerning these matters
would take a year or two off from commenting on lost disc karma and legal advice and just be quiet.

You know...just sit back and watch the new guys work it out.

Has there ever been a consensus? I'm too lazy to go back and read the other threads, lol.

I suppose that is one benefit of playing on private courses. The owner of a local private course has a strict policy that all found discs must be turned in to the course ownership. You are banned if you are found keeping a found disc. The owner then sells them after one year of the disc being unclaimed.

Latest posts