• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding help funding a new course

ervin

Hi folks,
I'm wondering if anyone has any helpful hints of finding some funding for a new disc golf course on private land? I teach at Rend Lake College in Ina, IL and I'm trying to get a professional level course set up around campus. One of the main sticking points is the funding, as our college is really getting hit with some budgetary shortfalls. I thought that bringing the campus together in disc golf would really benefit the college and the surrounding community. There is a course about 40 miles from our campus in Centralia, IL which is really a great course. I'm looking for something a bit closer to home, so any grant or alternate funding advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks folks,
Ervin

Look for local businesses that might want to sponsor a tee sign (as long as that kind of advertising is ok with the college). You could also hold fund-raising tournaments, if you can get some help organizing and running from a local club you'll likely get a bigger event together.

i drive by there on my way from Indiana to Louisiana. it's on I-55. Would be a good place to stop on the way for a quick round.

Rend Lake? hell, I figured the tourism board around there would be MORE than willing to help.

i know a bunch of other st. louis-ers who have vacationed there multiple times...

fund raising

Yo! here's a great way to raise a bunch of cash. Put a movable basket in the middle of the student quad. Get a T-shirt company to screen a bunch of shirts for real cheap that say something about donating for the disc course. Set up a putt, far enough away so that people will come close but not make it. Have them putt for a couple bucks per throw, if they make it, they win a T-shirt. I bet you can make hundreds in a few hours. You can also just putt yourself with a donation jar while you're waiting. I'd rather see a guy sink a long putt than listen to him play music.

I also like the idea of asking local businesses for three hundred dollar sponsorships (basket price), put there names on the hole description. Draw a hole description up before so that you have something to present to them when you ask for cash.

Latest posts