• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finger pad pain.

yankees23

Birdie Member
I have been experiencing pain almost like soreness in my finger pads. Mainly my thumb, index, and pinky finger. It always happens after I play quite a bit. So I am wondering if anyone else experiences this. And also if anyone knows the cause and/or a solution to help them not hurt. Thanks for your time.

May be a few things
1. Getting a lot of snap so the disc is rubbing the skin off your pads, kinda like starting to play the guitar. You need to build the calluses up.
2. There is major flashing on the rim of your driver and it is tearing your pads.

I had the same issue when I first started but havent had it since. If you have been playing 5 1/2 years I am surprised you are having this issue unless you changed up your grip.

That's what I was thinking. I have been playing for quite awhile and never really experienced this before. I do not notice any tearing of skin or anything like that. It's only when pressure is applied to them (gripping a disc). It goes away by the next day usually but I guess it might have to do with throwing so much on certain days. lol

And I am thinking it might have something to do with me having really short nails. Maybe I should grow them out a little longer. I am a nail biter :(

And I am thinking it might have something to do with me having really short nails. Maybe I should grow them out a little longer. I am a nail biter :(
^ This for sure. I try not to trim my fingernails the day or two before a tourney or when I'll be throwing a lot. My thumb tip gets bruised, although it's not much an issue with the fingers. Your fingers being sore may be more of a slipping issue in your case, or maybe the type of grip or pressure, although I imagine biting the nails would make them even more sensitive.

It's index and bird finger for me. Pretty sure it's from the let it rip style.

Latest posts