• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finger Spring

Autiger1291

I was reading Blake's article on the short-arm putting which is getting a lot of attention right now and finger spring seemed to play a big part in it. He said it would cure problems such as the wobblies, not enough spin, nose down, bad release, ect. I was just wondering if there's anyway you can "increase" your finger spring. Maybe that's not the right way to put it, but just a thought.

Its weird but I can never tell if im getting finger spring or palm bounce. I guess the principle is pretty much the same...the building of tension and the sudden release of that tension. A quick motion is crucial though. The entire elbow / wrist extension is a short range of motion so it has to be fairly quick. If youre looking to increase range ,light discs go a lot farther with this type of pop on them.

My putting game at distances greater than 50-60' or so is fairly accurate (where I line up throwing shoulder pointed at the basket, fan grip with my index finger tucked inside the rim) and my putting game at less than 30' is very accurate (where I face the basket directly and quick release with boost from the palm, fan grip with index finger on the flashing).

There is an inaccurate gap in there, about 30'-60' distance, where the shorter technique lacks power and the longer technique is too powerful. Using the shorter technique, it is easy to lay up for the following putt, but I'd rather be going for the chains in the 30'-50' range.

I think the finger spring will help me to close this gap. Or at least I hope so. For now, I try to avoid having to make putts in this range by having a better drive or more accurate approach shot, which often works, but there are times when this pops up and it would be nice to be above 50% in the 30'-50' range.

try messing around with the position of the ring and middle fingers under the flightplate.

Latest posts