• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Finnish Discmania sponsored young gun missed only 4 of the 100 putts, carding a 945.... Thats insane. Says his third time even attempting it.

Never seen better score. Cmon Ricky, Paul, lets see what you got??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-091850.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-091850.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 54
So I'm new to this game. It looks like there's a couple of places I can track my score online. DGAcademy and DGPutt both. Any recommendations on which to use>

Finnish Discmania sponsored young gun missed only 4 of the 100 putts, carding a 945.... Thats insane. Says his third time even attempting it.

Never seen better score. Cmon Ricky, Paul, lets see what you got??
#relationshipwithmyputtergoals

So I'm new to this game. It looks like there's a couple of places I can track my score online. DGAcademy and DGPutt both. Any recommendations on which to use>

The original does what it says on the tin: allows you to play the game and keeps stats.

DG Academy's web app
seems to be built for Kristin Tattar's and Silver Lätt's disc golf training business (but is obviously available for everybody). It requires an account and has a couple of unique social features like leagues. The great thing about the account is that your stats travel with you no matter how or where you visit the web app. Seems like a well built, full-featured service.

DGPutt.com is something I put together, because there wasn't anything that I liked using during my own practise at that point in time, with the features that I needed (mobile friendly UI, stats, history, supports multiple people using the same phone, supports a couple of other games we regularly play, custom rules). All stats are local to your browser, like the original. I like it, but I'm also biased as ****. Some dude also apparently built an android/ios app and reused the name, which is ... kind of lame?

I've just discovered this thread and downloaded the spreadsheet
cool, I liked the practice

The original does what it says on the tin: allows you to play the game and keeps stats.

DG Academy's web app
seems to be built for Kristin Tattar's and Silver Lätt's disc golf training business (but is obviously available for everybody). It requires an account and has a couple of unique social features like leagues. The great thing about the account is that your stats travel with you no matter how or where you visit the web app. Seems like a well built, full-featured service.

DGPutt.com is something I put together, because there wasn't anything that I liked using during my own practise at that point in time, with the features that I needed (mobile friendly UI, stats, history, supports multiple people using the same phone, supports a couple of other games we regularly play, custom rules). All stats are local to your browser, like the original. I like it, but I'm also biased as ****. Some dude also apparently built an android/ios app and reused the name, which is ... kind of lame?
Thanks! DGPutt is great, didn't realize you'd been ripped off by an app creator though. That's worse than lame.

Lively discussion about this on Finnish DG forums, like every spring. (I.e. dgpt putting stats king)

Hey Flick,

Are any of the Finnish DG forums you mentioned a few years back still active? I've been learning some Finnish and would love to surround myself with the language a bit to get some practice.

Looks like I'm 8 years late in finding this. I'm really tempted to try this but with how bad my putting is, a new record low score would certainly be the result.

Has anybody ever scored in double digits before? Asking for a friend.

Looks like I'm 8 years late in finding this. I'm really tempted to try this but with how bad my putting is, a new record low score would certainly be the result.

Has anybody ever scored in double digits before? Asking for a friend.
Pro Niklas Anttila only missed 4 putts the entire attempt according to one post a few pages back.

I'm talking about record low score, as in worst. Most scores i've seen are in the 400's or 500's or 600's. My question is has anyone ever scored in double digits before - like less than 100? Like 90? 85? 93? A new record low score is waiting for me if I ever attempt this game I'm pretty sure.

I'm talking about record low score, as in worst. Most scores i've seen are in the 400's or 500's or 600's. My question is has anyone ever scored in double digits before - like less than 100? Like 90? 85? 93? A new record low score is waiting for me if I ever attempt this game I'm pretty sure.

Don't be so down on yourself! Even if you do somehow manage to get a record low score that just means you've got a chance to set a record high in improvement.

A big part of putting is mental game - you just gotta believe you can make that putt even if prior history may not indicate it. Keep believing in yourself and eventually you'll start to see improvement

Thanks, I'm not down. I'm still really new to this and know my current skill level is poor (my best score so far is just barely better than bogey dg on a short 5000 ft course). I'm just embracing the reality of my suckage.

If you hit 1/5 of the 5 meter putts every time you get 100 points already, right? So get ready to miss all five from five at least once to get sub 100.

If you believe in yourself, you can do it! :D

I might have underestimated myself a bit. I had a little time today to do a run thru half a game (10 rounds not the full 20). I surprised myself and made a few more putts than I expected and scored 88 for the 10 rounds; honestly I probably couldn't keep that pace going for the full 20 rounds, but would still likely score in the 150-160 range on a full game. Pleased to know I'm not a Double Digit Dufus :)

Happy this got bumped. In the past this was the most engaging practice I have tried. I have a couple more putting putters on the way since I switched to the Tortuga when it came out, need a few more to have enough to smoothly play. I look forward to getting my Finnish Putting game going again.

Hell, look at what it did for Niklas maybe I can go pro.

Some dude also apparently built an android/ios app and reused the name, which is ... kind of lame?

That is lame, it also highlights the Jyly game. I assumed it was you when I found the app. I have gotten back into doing a couple Lyly games a week and its so good for my game/confidence. Scores aren't back up to where they were last I was posting here (550s), but I am creeping back to 500.

Latest posts