• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace disc...

I have one double Ace Disc. KC Pro Banshee - Both aces were thumbers and on the same hole. It still appears in the bag at times.

My first and only ace was with a champ teebird. It's still in the bag cause it's just too sweet. I do however take care where i throw it and would look for it forever if i lost it somewhere.

How long was the hole that you got an ace with a Nuke on?

It was only 147 feet, but it was a blind sidearm. I didn't even know I aced it until the guys in front of us shouted back, lol.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'm gonna keep rippin it and try to make it a double ace disc. I just love the Nuke too much to not use it. I hit the top of a pin today so it'll probably happen eventually if I don't lose it first.

I kept my first ace disc (purple Cyclone), signed by the guys I jumped on a round with up at Centennial Park in Etobicoke, ON, back in 1995. 326'

I'm not that sentimental, but had to hold onto that one. I've lost ace discs since, and have one in my current bag, but you HAVE to keep that first one!!

i retire all of my ace discs, i will throw them until i get a replacement good and beat in, then to the wall they go...

Of the 3 aces I've hit, only the first two discs were retired. The third disc I lost about two weeks after hitting the ace. Whatever...
I only have 3 discs in my collection that are permanently retired:

1. First disc I ever owned: DX Shark
2. First ace disc: Champ Beast
3. Second ace disc: Unknown Innova Champ midrange

Someone earlier in the thread said it best - there is no right answer. I'm a collector of things so the 3 retired discs in my collection make me happy.
If you wanna keep throwing the Nuke, then Nuke it and go for the second ace on that disc!

As long as you're having fun, you're winning!

I used my first ace disc until I just no longer used it at all (Star Innova Cro), not it sits at home. My other ace discs though are either in my bag, lost, or in the trunk of my car because I don't use them anymore.

My first ace was with a Monster that I had named G.W. Bush and I threw it forehand, so, retiring it was no big deal since I don't throw forehand unless prompted. Kinda nice having such a distinctive disc as my first ace on the wall. I had written GW Bush and drew an American flag on it beforehand. My art is no good, but kinda cool. I have lost countless ace discs since, though. They are ace discs for a reason; they do what you want them to do.:thmbup:

here's my first ace disc...my buddy screwed it up with his chicken scratch sharpie work :gross:

IMG00557-20100903-1854.jpg

I have only hit one ace. I kept it in the bag a few more days while I was getting used to its replacement, and now it is hanging on the wall over the computer with signatures and date on it. My next ace disc wont get off the hook so easy, I will play with it until its lost or beat in to much that it NEEDS a replacement.

he ran up and grabbed it out of the basket and went to town...he was ten times more excited than i was.

ps - he spelled "Rogers" wrong :doh:

Keep going to the well until it dries out man.

I throw my Champ Banshee on holes I know I can't lose it. When it gets broken in to the point of unthrowability, then it'll retire.

Latest posts