• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace disc...

I say keep the Nuke in bag and use it. Both of my ace disc are still in my bag. 1 disc has 5 Ace's on it and still throw it all the time.

...recently got my first ace with a Discraft Nuke, 2nd day throwing it. Should I keep it? It feels kinda special but I really love the Nuke and wanna keep throwin it. I've almost lost it a couple times since then, only found it cuz of my eagle eyed friend. What do you guys think? Do you have your first ace disc?

Throw it til it doesn't work like it's supposed to anymore. You hit an ace with it for a reason. More than likely it wasn't luck...you're throwing the disc right. Why put it down. I still have my first ace disc. Pro (super floppy) Rhyno. It's on the wall now, but only becuase I have 3 others. I've almost lost it about 10 times.

OR....buy a new one. Discraft's disc molds hold pretty true. Very rarely do you buy the same disc and have it fly different from Discraft.

Throw it til it doesn't work like it's supposed to anymore. You hit an ace with it for a reason. More than likely it wasn't luck...you're throwing the disc right. Why put it down. I still have my first ace disc. Pro (super floppy) Rhyno. It's on the wall now, but only becuase I have 3 others. I've almost lost it about 10 times.

OR....buy a new one. Discraft's disc molds hold pretty true. Very rarely do you buy the same disc and have it fly different from Discraft.

I just ordered another 174g nuke...I can't stand the thought of losing it. I will however throw it on holes on which it cant really be lost.

I hate to say this, but on a 147 foot hole , you should have been throwing a Putter, or at least your midrange. I think its great that you got an ace, but that Nuke is for people that can throw over 350ft.

I don't get the logic of retiring any disc that you actively use. Discs belong in the air not on a wall. It's like retiring a race car after a win.

I hate to say this, but on a 147 foot hole , you should have been throwing a Putter, or at least your midrange. I think its great that you got an ace, but that Nuke is for people that can throw over 350ft.

Haters-gonna-hate-scooter.jpg

I am not hateing, but I am trying to help a guy thats been playing for 3 months and is thowing a Nuke on a 147ft hole. I took a guy to practice with me for the first time yesterday, his only second time to throw a disc, and I had him throwing mids and putters. He is going with us on Monday to play , and he is taking a Cobra and a Magnet, thats it.

I don't want him throwing a driver till he can throw that Midrange at least 200+ft.

I am just trying to help out. If you guys just want to stroke his ego, go ahead.

I threw a huge ace in a tournament, actually won the tournament on that ace, on the second to last hole. It was uphill, blind and really tight, no one has ever aced it before. The next day I was thinking about putting the disc up for good just because it was that awesome (never have retired an ace disc before). Well that same day I drove on a water hole and skipped off a walking path and skipped about 200 ft right in the middle of a death trap of water.

Long story short, if you don't want to lose the disc, retire it. If you want to continue to throw your baby, go for it!

I retired my first ACE. It was a FR world's champ starfire. My second Ace was with my Z BUzzz and it is not coming out of my bag.

Hang the first ace disc. That's what I did. It will become a great conversation piece in your home. You may even get more people to play disc golf after seeing your enthusiasm

This was a mispost, it was 247 ft. Hole #13 on Valley View in New Berlin, WI. I agree, 147 ft with a Nuke would be ridiculous.

This was a mispost, it was 247 ft. Hole #13 on Valley View in New Berlin, WI. I agree, 147 ft with a Nuke would be ridiculous.

Well, if it was on a blind hyzer as you said, I will agree with you then. I have a hole like at. #1 at River Grove Park in Kingwood. Its a 253ft blind hyzer . I throw a Force, thrown at a hard angle, and it skips around the corner.

Good job on the ace. I say keep throwing the disc, and just write something on it.

Latest posts