• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Mndiscg truly took the route less traveled to earn his diamond, playing all sorts of out of the way courses that don't get talked up a lot.

Yeoman's work!

Being relatively new around here, I thought I was getting a sense of the traffic - with some of the better-known or historic courses receiving more attention. But one of my recent reviews blew up. Mine was the first for Mt. Lebanon Camp Meeting, and this tiny little 9's review received almost as many upvotes as my review of Iron Hill. So hey: still plenty of surprises here at DGCR...

Being relatively new around here, I thought I was getting a sense of the traffic - with some of the better-known or historic courses receiving more attention. But one of my recent reviews blew up. Mine was the first for Mt. Lebanon Camp Meeting, and this tiny little 9's review received almost as many upvotes as my review of Iron Hill. So hey: still plenty of surprises here at DGCR...

I have noticed this also. !st reviews of a new course are some of my favorite reviews to do and I typically go into more detail than if I'm reviewing a popular course with a lot of reviews already which I might focus on the highlights and add updated information.

Mine was the first for Mt. Lebanon Camp

I know I'm not the only one, but i almost always upvote the first review of a course. If it happens to be a TR doing the review, it's almost certainly going to be more helpful to gage that course now over the first 100 reviews on udisc.

exception. a first review of course, by the course designer, doing their first review and dropping a 5.0/4.5 on it. regardless of length and content, the review is a complete throw-away. i simply dont buy anything that the review is describing. If i ever start downvoting again, these will be my first targets. they are more than unhelpful, they con jobs imo.

Yep. I have the only review high school niner, and it got more votes than you'd expect for a little out if the way course.

Congrats, HyooMac! Now instead of working, I'm waiting for his thumb count to update to see if he hits diamond as well.

Thank you! Special shout out to Olorin, Monocacy, brentjacobs, Tyler J and wellsbranch. One of you put me across the 1000 mark.

I doubt I'll be seeing diamond for a while. Getting all those unique voters takes time.

Thank you! Special shout out to Olorin, Monocacy, brentjacobs, Tyler J and wellsbranch. One of you put me across the 1000 mark.

I doubt I'll be seeing diamond for a while. Getting all those unique voters takes time.

Diamond takes awhile to get to, but you're well on your way. At your pace it can't be too far off. 160 reviews in less than 3 years is impressive. Hell, you've reviewed Bryant Lake already and I haven't even played it :D

P.S. That yellow Sapphire is making the bag. :thmbup:

I decided the be the guinea pig on this course: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=11512&mode=rev. It was terrible, but because of my review, no one has to have the same experience.
Lol.

There has been a course listed on here in a town about 1/2 hour away for several years. One of our league guys lived there when it popped up on this site so I asked him about it. He said he had no idea what I was talking about, there was no course there. He said there were some baskets by a school, but no course. I didn't worry too much about it. A few months ago a school course popped up on this site in the same town. It's a 1/2 hour or so loop off the Interstate to get to this place and it was starting to look like you could take a break from the highway and bag two courses. I decided to make the trip down to see what was what. Turns out there are baskets in a park and baskets next to a rural school there; neither could actually be called a course because despite there being at least 16 baskets in that town the number of tees and tee signs are both zero. I wrote up the reviews to warn people off; I won't link them since I already got an embarrassing slew of thumbs up on them. I'm like the anti-mndiscg; I went to the crappiest seven-hole course in the middle of absolute nowhere and got 16 thumbs up. Weird.

Lol.

There has been a course listed on here in a town about 1/2 hour away for several years. One of our league guys lived there when it popped up on this site so I asked him about it. He said he had no idea what I was talking about, there was no course there. He said there were some baskets by a school, but no course. I didn't worry too much about it. A few months ago a school course popped up on this site in the same town. It's a 1/2 hour or so loop off the Interstate to get to this place and it was starting to look like you could take a break from the highway and bag two courses. I decided to make the trip down to see what was what. Turns out there are baskets in a park and baskets next to a rural school there; neither could actually be called a course because despite there being at least 16 baskets in that town the number of tees and tee signs are both zero. I wrote up the reviews to warn people off; I won't link them since I already got an embarrassing slew of thumbs up on them. I'm like the anti-mndiscg; I went to the crappiest seven-hole course in the middle of absolute nowhere and got 16 thumbs up. Weird.

So, uh, is there another crappy Chicago niner tour with notapro and I in the offing anytime soon? We could perhaps make double diamond the lot of us! :eek: :D

So, uh, is there another crappy Chicago niner tour with notapro and I in the offing anytime soon? We could perhaps make double diamond the lot of us! :eek: :D

You gotta love those crappy Chicago niner trips. I may have to do one in late October or early November. There's nothing better than driving 35 minutes from a crap nine to another crappier one 2 miles away. :D

So that would mean double the pay, right?

You gotta love those crappy Chicago niner trips. I may have to do one in late October or early November. There's nothing better than driving 35 minutes from a crap nine to another crappier one 2 miles away. :D

Gotta plan better than that! Usually we keep the drives between to maybe 15-20 tops. :p

So that would mean double the pay, right?

Yes! Nothing time two is double nothing!

Jukeshoe: <---Glad not to get bumped into a higher tax bracket. :|

Pro tip-go during a holiday when a lot of people have the day off. It cuts down on the overall traffic a lot.

That particular trip sounded like a lame course-grab in the idea stages but it practice it was a hoot. Five out of the eight courses had something unique or weird or stupid enough that it was memorable. By the end of the day (and it was Thanksgiving weekend so the day ended at 5) we had thrown 72 holes of golf, experimented with exactly how much of a gap there is between tow ropes, pondered the influence of Georgia O'Keeffe on modern play system design, and argued the stance ruling of what to do if your disc slid under the abandoned railroad car sitting in the middle of the woods for seemingly no reason. Jukeshoe was also either writing song lyrics or composing poetry, so it was a full day. Chicago niners generally are a blur, but I remember most of those eight courses pretty clearly.

Latest posts