• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Knobby is closing in on 1000 thumb-ups, (at 994 as of this morning)
he has 137 reviews, writes great reviews and uses the full ratings spectrum.
If you haven't done so already, please considering checking out one of his reviews.
He has still yet to hit 75 unique voter threshold for gold.

Destination Course review 1 - Walnut Ridge
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=64&page=1&mode=rev#84360

Destination Course review 2 - Wildcat Bluff
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=2011&page=1&mode=rev#81588

Destination Course review 3 - Pickard
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=67&page=1&mode=rev#83395

Knobby is closing in on 1000 thumb-ups, (at 994 as of this morning)
he has 137 reviews, writes great reviews and uses the full ratings spectrum.
If you haven't done so already, please considering checking out one of his reviews.
He has still yet to hit 75 unique voter threshold for gold.

Destination Course review 1 - Walnut Ridge
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=64&page=1&mode=rev#84360

Destination Course review 2 - Wildcat Bluff
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=2011&page=1&mode=rev#81588

Destination Course review 3 - Pickard
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=67&page=1&mode=rev#83395

I recently moved to Iowa and he's been very informative on all kinds of small town (and big town) Iowa courses.

On a side note, I feel like it is easier to get Thumbs Up now than in the earlier days of DGCR but harder to get unique voters.

On a side note, I feel like it is easier to get Thumbs Up now than in the earlier days of DGCR but harder to get unique voters.

I agree.

I want to believe knobby is only one or two short at this point. For his sake it also doesn't help that his reviews are almost all in the same general region. I'd bet if he road tripped to Chicago and played both Fairfield and Canyons he'd cross the threshold. Harmony Bends would probably do the trick too.

Thanks for the love, as always. Over 1000 now. Guess I'm what dreadlock86 called "Cubic Zirconium". According to my numbers I have 78 uniques, along with 137 reviews, and only 7 down votes. Don't know what I'm missing.... Still looking to get a weekend in KC/Emporia. We'll see, fighting a lower leg issue for the last month and busy slinging beer at the Iowa State Fair this weekend and next. Still want to hit 200 Iowa courses as well, this year (personal goals and all....)

Also, for those interested, I'd skip the 2 courses near Dyersville, IA (home of the "Field of Dreams") head down the road to the east and hit the one along the east edge of Peosta (park style 9 with nice elevation changes) or in Dubuque (Veteran's Memorial 18 Hole with even more elevation and some good tight wooded shots...)

According to my numbers I have 78 uniques,

Someone posted awhile back that they reached out to timg on this, and he noted that only unique thumb-ups count. if you are over on that too, id reach out to timg.

Yes, the thumbs up was all I was counting. Of the 7 down votes, 4 have up voted as well. I may reach out to timg yet this weekend, we'll see. Gonna enjoy some beer at the Iowa Craft Beer Tent for a second day tomorrow first, though...

Yes, the thumbs up was all I was counting. Of the 7 down votes, 4 have up voted as well. I may reach out to timg yet this weekend, we'll see. Gonna enjoy some beer at the Iowa Craft Beer Tent for a second day tomorrow first, though...

You are definitely no post whore, like Bogeysomemore. Here is a unique vote. At least I think it's my first vote on any of your reviews. :\

I wanted to give a shoutout to my brother, BigAl724, who has been sitting a stone's throw from Diamond for a while now and with his recent review of WR Jackson is some 11 thumbs up away from the 1000 mark. He's an old man with kids now so his review rate has taken a serious hit, and now that I've proven my sibling superiority by hitting Diamond long before him I'd love to see him join the club after all his thoughtful efforts. Personally I've learned a ton course design and my personal preferences over our many hours of playing and dissecting courses together.

I wanted to give a shoutout to my brother, BigAl724, who has been sitting a stone's throw from Diamond for a while now and with his recent review of WR Jackson is some 11 thumbs up away from the 1000 mark. He's an old man with kids now so his review rate has taken a serious hit, and now that I've proven my sibling superiority by hitting Diamond long before him I'd love to see him join the club after all his thoughtful efforts. Personally I've learned a ton course design and my personal preferences over our many hours of playing and dissecting courses together.

Done! Congrats to the newest diamond reviewer: BigAl724.

I've been slacking for a few years, sitting at over 900 for awhile. Glad to finally join the club!

I just want to point out that there is a the "I propose..." thread dedicated to the Gold TRs on the verge of going Diamond. Personally, I'd rather see this thread kept more pure for those who actually reach Diamond status.

(But I don't like mixing things together, so I also separate my Haribo gummy bears by color, and eat the colors separately [and I usually eat the colors in a specific order...])

I just want to point out that there is a the "I propose..." thread dedicated to the Gold TRs on the verge of going Diamond. Personally, I'd rather see this thread kept more pure for those who actually reach Diamond status.

(But I don't like mixing things together, so I also separate my Haribo gummy bears by color, and eat the colors separately [and I usually eat the colors in a specific order...])

Ten minutes till Wapner?:D