• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

There are times when I feel like I'm chasing Diamond.

But most of the time, I just like writing reviews. I'm still honing my craft, and I'm still doing field work. I'm trying to eliminate unecessary infornation in my writing, and inefficient moves in my throwing.

I'm at 253 (reviews and feet).

My review count keeps steadily climbing.

My distance keeps steadily dropping.

Sorry, I have not been keeping up with my reviews. I admit I had motivation before I got Diamond. I was trying to post a review of a course every day.

I have only posted a couple of reviews this year and 2 of those were practice courses that you can't thumbs up or down.

I was motivated to post pictures and did become the 3rd person to reach Diamond for photo uploader. But I am even behind on getting that done at the moment, I have 6 courses I still need to upload although I have a better system now than I use too. I still need to go back into my memory card and verify I uploaded every course.

There are times when I feel like I'm chasing Diamond.

But most of the time, I just like writing reviews. I'm still honing my craft, and I'm still doing field work. I'm trying to eliminate unecessary infornation in my writing, and inefficient moves in my throwing.

I'm at 253 (reviews and feet).

Literally the same for me (well, except my number is 115 ;) ).

It would be nice to hit Diamond one day. But it's not something I am focused on, and it's not why I play courses and write reviews. I'm happy to have a seat in Tyler's cubic zirconia club.

Last edited:
I don't keep stats. I write reviews off the top of my head. That's how I always did it. Many of you folks give me thumbs up for unfinished reviews. 20 minute time limit and all ;)

I just don't think we need to change the system because we have a bunch of "deserving" diamonds. I was a "deserving" diamond for a long time too. It'll happen when it happens. When it does it feels pretty damn good though :D

Honestly though, I think I write more reviews now than I did while chasing the ever elusive Diamond. I also add courses, upload photos and course info. DFrah, Tyler J, Knobby etc. are my peers. I respect the work they do. I probably wouldn't be adding as much to the site without the "sub" Diamonds. This thread would be dead without them to tbh :p

I have actually--I am curious why I am not in that spreadsheet now though. My silver badge is still showing up... :confused:

I just checked as well.... It does not appear to have had a wholesale update in awhile. Jeff (sisyphus), is actually looking to pass the baton and have someone new take over. It takes quite some time to update, as its done manually, and he has been doing it for several years now.

I just checked as well.... It does not appear to have had a wholesale update in awhile. Jeff (sisyphus), is actually looking to pass the baton and have someone new take over. It takes quite some time to update, as its done manually, and he has been doing it for several years now.

Yes sir, it's the only part that I really try to stay fairly current on. I have been manually updating the full list around new years, but was visiting grandkiddos this year, so needs to be done again. Love to see if somebody more tech savvy had a a way of doing it automatically instead of taking a manual (full) day of data transcription to do...

Jeff, I'd be happy to help keep the spreadsheet updated or take it over. I can also look into if there's a more convenient way to update it. I've been doing similar stuff on my own with stats on here anyways.

Thanks! Shoutout to Jukeshoe for giving the 1,000th vote. Here's to the next 1,000, though I'm finally almost out of courses in St. Louis. Might need to try making road trips happen more.

I had been wondering for quite some time, why MrFrosty (Mark Dulaney) hadn't been posting reviews or even logging into DGCR. I just figured maybe he had taken some time off or perhaps he had a disc golf injury. I had written a couple times over the past few months to check up and see how he was doing to no avail. I'm not sure if this had been posted somewhere else or not, but i sadly just found out that Mark passed away in January. he was 64. We had talked several times about meeting up and throwing a round together, and i am saddened to know that this is no longer possible.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23783323/mark-james-dulaney

Jeff, I'd be happy to help keep the spreadsheet updated or take it over. I can also look into if there's a more convenient way to update it. I've been doing similar stuff on my own with stats on here anyways.

maybe we've reached an age where a shared google doc and several people maintaining it is feasible?

I had been wondering for quite some time, why MrFrosty (Mark Dulaney) hadn't been posting reviews or even logging into DGCR. I just figured maybe he had taken some time off or perhaps he had a disc golf injury. I had written a couple times over the past few months to check up and see how he was doing to no avail. I'm not sure if this had been posted somewhere else or not, but i sadly just found out that Mark passed away in January. he was 64. We had talked several times about meeting up and throwing a round together, and i am saddened to know that this is no longer possible.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23783323/mark-james-dulaney

I'm heartbroken. Thank you for being an incredible presence and following up with community members, and let's throw one, pour one out, or celebrate and honor Mark "MrFrosty" Dulaney however we are able.

Sad news to say the least. I'll echo what Blake said, thanks for keeping us in line wells, I was wondering the same thing myself. He was so prolific the last couple years. We lost a great one.

Sad to hear of Mr. Frosty's passing.

None of us are getting any younger, and tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.

I have told my wife that they will probably find me dead on a course, if it happens, remember that I died doing what I loved so don't be sad.

As it is, I will continue playing new courses for as long as I can.

I have also told my wife that I would like to be cremated and have my ashes spread on new courses and added to my course count :D

Latest posts