• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Disc(s) ever bought

Hah, there is still a guy in a van at Albert Oakland. Often disc rats selling stuff they got out of the pond on the back 18 as well.

I bought a Phantom + from a random dude in a van at Albert Oakland Park, '88 or '89. My buddy bought an Aviar XD. I'm pretty sure they both were still in the trunk of my 1980 Buick Century when I sold it.

For a short time when I started playing I wrote my name in HUGE letters all the way out to the rim of the disc. I still have an Aviar and a Stingray with that kind of marking; they had to be among the first 1/2 dozen discs I owned.

orange champ orc and a dx wraith...orc shall be gone and the wraith is in my friends bag that just started. He loves it for rollers haha

DX raven in 2002ish. I liked it... But not enough to get one from Innova's Factory Store.

Lightning SR-71 Blackbird
Innova Stingray

I'm not totally sure which of these two I bought first...I think perhaps my Stingray, which I bought sometime during the summer of 1991.

Ha ha. My first discs were a dx leopard, shark and aviar. I bought them together as a bundle pack at dicks sporting goods. I had no idea what any of the discs were or what their purpose was. I didnt know a thing about weights either but it turned out that I had bought these discs all in the 150 class which worked out great since I am a female. I loved that leopard. It was my go to disc for a very long time. I actually passed that leopard on to another friend that I introduced to the world of disc golf. So although I do not have my original first leopard I still love them and they do have a place in my bag always.

My first discs (1+ year ago now) were a Latitude set, comprised of a Vision GL, Core GL and Pure ZL. Was sold as a beginner set on a local online shop.

Visions were fantastic starter discs as far as I can tell - and are now actually playing understable for me and are in the bag still. Cores will likely always be in my bag. Pures I found not to work for me, due to the high rim.

I bought 3, a Champ leopard-cause it was fly-dyed and looked awesome, an x-buzz for the same reason as the Leo, and a DX Aviar because it was cheap. I still have all 3 though only the Buzz is still in my bag. The Leo and Aviar have been replaced by Pro Leo and wizard.

Think I got them all at alpine ski center in charlotte

dx viper, dx cobra, dx aviar.....learned on the old course that used to go through the campus at Colorado State University.

I remember driving to some sporting goods store around the Oxford Valley Mall with a friend of mine who played. It was sometime around 2001 or 2002. I bought three discs...a DX Circle Stamp Raven, a DX Teebird and a 10x KC Pro Teebird. I still have all three discs and don't think I'll ever get rid of them just for sentimental reasons....The 10x Teebird is that sweet plastic of the old days..

Still have all of them bought the teebird first, and the other three shortly after.

175 Teebird
th_photo4.jpg

174 Beast
th_photo3.jpg

175 Rhyno
th_photo5.jpg

178 Cobra
th_photo6.jpg

Still throw the rhyno and cobra all the time, first two were/are too heavy for my little arm.

This was around '96 or so, drove out to In Flight in Ann Arbor after high school. Based on the help I got from the dude at the store, I bought an XD, Magnet, and Gazelle all in the base plastic of the time. Still have the XD, it was the first disc that I learned how to hyzer flip.

Champion X-out Wraith. Really wish I still had it, but the Beaver was Angry and swallowed it right up on #5.

First disc I bought was a 180g orange DX Scorpion, sometime around 1980. Took about a 25 year hiatus from the game but shortly after picking up the game again I found the disc at my parent's house so I still have it :thmbup:

Lightning P-38 and an original DGA Gumbputt. Don't have the orig P-38, but I still have the putter. IIRC, that was about 1983ish? before that, all we used were Whamo 142g's. I still pull a P-38 out now and again. They still feel good and fly good for me. Still have a pile of them too.:)

In 2002, I bought a DX Polecat and a DX Viper.

Polecat is at my parents house, and the Viper is unthrowable at this point.

DX Valkyrie and a DX Viking were my first two drivers, which the Valk def hit some trees and they both hang on my wall, Coyote and a Soft magnet completed my first set of discs. Oddly enough i rarely throw these molds anymore except the Valk.

Latest posts