• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Post! My Bag

duluthdiscer

Been working on being all discraft for awhile and im still trying to figure out putters but here it goes...

Putters: Vibram *Ridge 174g for 250'or less, and main putter
*Summit 174g any's driving short holes
Trying to get rid of vibrams to opt for something discraft like challenger or magnet that are soft/gummy, what do you think?

Mids: *Flx Drone 177g big wind hyz disc up to 300'
*Esp meteor 175g Anyhz up to 325'
*2 Elite Z buzz both around 175g one more stable than the other
*Flx Buzz 175g for slight understable shots

Drivers: *AvengerSS 168g bomb anyhzer out to about 400-450+
*NukeSS 171g anyhz disc as well out about the same distance
*SurgeSS 171g great "s" disc, mostly anhyz, out to about same
*FlashZ 171g max stable or "s" distance, my furthest measured distance was with this disc 495'
*Nukez 175g great stable-finish hyz disc, fast and long 300-400'
*SurgeZ 175g big bomb steady hyz disc300-400'
*NukeOS Outta trouble, huge headwind disc, barely used

I'll help you with a first pass and then I'll let the experts kick in. Overlaps:

Meteor/FLX Buzzz - May want to consider unloading the FLX Buzzz and keeping the Meteor as you already have a few Z Buzzzes.

Nuke SS/Surge SS - The Nuke should be a longer Surge, just pick one.

Nuke/Surge - Same as above ^^

Minor correction: Anhyzer is an angle of release (outside edge points upwards), not a flight path. What you're thinking of when referring to an understable disc is a "turnover" throw or a "turning" disc.

Quick question: Unless you're sponsored by Discraft, why have an all Discraft bag?

i think steve is trolling. the guy didn't say he throws 500', he said his longest throw ever was 495'. there's a big difference.

i agree with the focus/challenger recommendations, chall is probably best because it is available in all plastics. i'm not sure if the focus gives you as many options.

there is a big gap between your mids and avenger ss. stalker is a great disc but won't be a lot longer than the buzz, typically 30-40'. maybe something like a tracker/cyclone/XL?

i think steve is trolling. the guy didn't say he throws 500', he said his longest throw ever was 495'. there's a big difference.
I didn't say he throws 500'. I said he throws close to 500'. There's a big difference. He has the distance for his avengers at 400-450'+

Sorry everyone totally forgot 3 discs that are in my bag
Glide-175g
Xl-174g
stalker-176g

Thanks for the input on eliminating the surge/nuke, and surgess/nukess issue i am always looking to dumb things down a bit and simplify to improve. As far as the only discraft thing i wish i was sponsored by them!!! I just love the feel of they're plastic, all they're disc throw great outta the box imo and the plastic stays better longer imo... I just love discraft! I definitely will look into the putters you all mentioned, and this seems to be the place to do that! I also cant wait to get that grip bag, this waiting list is long...!