• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time being filmed

I'm sure SW will come in and break it down, but this is what I noticed:

Your first step seems to be off-line, or in an unnecessary off-target direction. It seems like you step right to left, then begin try to straighten back out after that. Also you're turning your head and shoulders back abruptly and early. Try striding laterally until the weight is on your rear foot in the cross/x-step, then turn back into the rear leg as you stride forward. Watching your disc throughout the swing may also help with keeping the shoulders in sequence, you may be opening up early as well.

You're also extending the rear knee in the transition forward, which is something I also do in my current form. I'll be checking back in to see what the experts advise on this.

Surgery? Agree with LJ. The footwork is all messy and turning backward out of sequence/turning back way too early on wrong foot. Your rear foot is too backward instead of more lateral(Power of Posture), so you are off balance and can't bend your rear knee so your hip/butt isn't wiping the wall/leveraged behind your ankle/instep(Butt Wipe). You end up having to bend your front knee striding it around the rear leg. The front leg should stride hanging down straight underneath you targetward and the disc should be going in the same direction(Door Frame Drills). Your arm/disc stay straight back, but your body is striding across the arm/disc. If you are going to stride right to left then the disc should also swing back and forth on the same line as your body momentum.

Throw from the Open to Closed Drill:

Sorry for the delayed reply. I had a second hernia surgery in January. Really hope it is not disc golf related.

Anyway, very little if any improvements here. I know my footwork and weight shift are pretty bad, but what is really sticking out to me is the weird angles my shoulders, elbow, and wrist are making. Any idea what's going on there? Looks like I'm coming in hyzer and all scrunched up on my chest then leaving flat. It just doesn't look right. Thanks

You are tiny in vertical video. What I can see is much of the same. You are turning back and forth ahead of your weight. Keep your eyes on your disc and watch what angles your are swinging it on. You really shouldn't be taking any steps beyond the Hershyzer Drill/one leg stride. Your feet never even cross over/behind each other with butt leading. I'd work on the Open to Closed Drill and Perpetually Longer Swing Drill.

Latest posts