• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Tournament of the year

Yesterday I played in the Frozen River Open in West Bend, Wisconsin. It was 8 degrees with about 25 mph winds when we went to tee off. My partner and I took 3rd place in the Amatuer division. First place beat us by 2 strokes. We had a chance to take first place, if we would have played a hole smart for a 3 instead of a 6. Oh well, that kind of stuff happens. Lesson learned the hard way. I ended up taking hoe $67 of funny money. :hfive: It was the first tournament that I have ever placed in and actually played competitively. Hopefully this is continues and even improves throughout the year. I plan on doing about 26 more tournaments this year.

Congrats, you are a braver man than I am. I think we're having our Polar Open on Saturday and the predicted high is 60 degrees.

I think we may have reached 70 degrees on Saturday, down here in DFW. I was able to take my first win ever, shooting a 960 and a 953 rated round.

Latest posts