• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flick vs 150 Flick

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Anyone try both?

I have a 167 Flick and searching it seems that 150 Flicks seem more popular. So I am wondering how the weight affects the Flick. I know how generally lighter weights will make a disc have less fade and seem to have less HSS, but looking for someone who has throw both for specifics.

My 150 z flick has some high speed turn and still massive fade at the end. Normal weights don't have much turn for me and they hyzer out faster.

I have a good condition first run 150 Z flick I found in the used bin at a PIAS and I haven't had a chance to get out and throw it yet. I am also curious how the first run/Z differs from others as well.

I'm wondering if a 150 would be more usefull. Right now its OH or hard hyzer only.

I've had a 150 Flick for a couple years it's great for tight overhands, I know a few people that use them for longer Tomahawks too... I lent a guy mine for a while, he throws some mean FH with 150s and I thought it might click for him, it didn't. I've been trying to use mine for FH practice (new to FH 6months) and it seems kinda squirrely, granted my form is unclean, but the lack of weight makes it prone to turn and the hard fade and skip can be a real kicker at the end so Wasp/Zone/Teebird/150 CE Eagle is a better option for shorter FH shots. Now they are only producing 150 Flicks in ESP so maybe that makes it a better disc. 150 Firebird might not be a bad option... FH or OH my bro stole mine but I remember liking it more than the Flick 150.

I do however love the heck out of my 167 Z Flick for FH I can cream on it with a little annhyzer towards the ground and it goes dead straight about 280' which is about as far as BH already so to me it feels like a totally different disc. I just recently traded for it about the same time I acquired enough skill to achieve flight velocity. I have to use a split finger power grip and if I don't step into it I'm short the speed to make it work and it hyzers out but after I got that one glorious drive downhill I was hooked, it needed more nose down than I was giving it. Everyone I know that throws FH has at least 1 Flick in there bag and it's not a 150. Maybe someone will answer that likes them, I'm pretty sure my spin isn't up to par and I've got a heavy arm...

Last edited:
I have a 150 Flick in ESP and a 175 Flick in Z. The 175 is my overhand disc and a utility disc for short approaches with super hyzer and skip. The 150 is an S turning forehand driver for me. Amazing to me that they're the same mold.

I spent a while on Saturday getting the dog to shag the 150 for me... and throwing the 167 Flick... I guess what really frosts my cookies about the 150 is that it can be thrown for a straight flattish drive but not having the weight it can't resist the anny angle that I want to add to it, and when thrown flat as it loses spin and starts to stall out, the light weight and high stability combine for this crazy hard meathook turn that just doesn't drop out of the air fast enough for me... it just keeps floating... and hooking... and I'm throwing it way shorter than the 167 so its in no further than my backhand midrange zone.

Last edited:

Latest posts